What can be done to help severe burning? (Photo)

I'm 12 days post op and have a severe rash that burns so bad I can barely stand to move. I've tried Benydril ointment and Desiten. Nothing helps.

Infection?

That may not be a rash. It might be an infection. You should see your surgeon ASAP to get evaluated.

Rash After Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photo.  It appears that you either have irritation from a garment or a mild infection.  Bacterial or yeast infections can cause a rash, burning and itching. I would recommend you call your surgeon to discuss treatment. Best wishes on your recovery.

12 Days post op burning sensation

You should get in with your plastic surgeon and have them take a look. There are many options for this type of (probable) allergic reaction but it is always best to check it out in person. Best wishes - hang in there!

What can be done to help severe burning?

Thank you for sharing your photograph and question and I am sorry to hear of your burning sensation difficulties.  Because the areas of greatest redness are where adhesives, bandages, or ointments were likely placed after surgery, this appears to be an allergic reaction, but an infection should be ruled out by your surgeon. If the reaction is allergic in nature, gentle washing of the area, intake of benadryl or oral steroids, topical ointments or steroid creams should all help alleviate your symptoms. If an infection is present you may need antibiotics.  Burning sensation in the lower abdomen after a tummy tuck is most often the result of nerve irritation due to the swelling and stretching of the skin tissues.  This tends to resolve spontaneously, but may take several weeks to months.  Talk to your surgeon about your symptoms, they should be able to help you with reassurance or further treatment recommendations.  Hope this helps.

This could be a rash or infection or allergic reaction.  As another surgeon stated:  it is probably best to see your surgeon.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

"Burning " sensation after surgery is common

Hello! Thanks for the photo. The feeling or sensation of burning is a common complaint-- and it can be normal, or be an indication of infection. So I would check with your plastic surgeon...she will be able to help you better than I can.

Good Luck.

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD