Saggy Neck. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi! I am 39 years old and have been on dialysis for 26 years. I take very good care of myself, weight lift and walk everyday and weigh about 110 at 5'0 and very good shape for being on dialysis so long. My neck is very droopy and loose and what would be the best procedure or treatment to tighten up this area? Thank you!!

Sagging necks got to go.

A lower face/neck lift under local with a little iv sedation would make a huge improvement and is easy to undergo.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. Your experience is alike many of my patients, who are on very good diet and exercise routines but need additional help to remove certain trouble areas. The Laser Assisted Weekend Necklift can provide you with your desired results because it is an innovative procedure that marries three advanced techniques in facial plastic surgery: liposculpture, neck lifting, and laser resurfacing. The result is a natural appearance after a few short days of recovery. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Lift

You have early neck aging changes, sagging and laxity.  A min-Lift would easily tighten and rejuvenate the jowls and neck to achieve a great youthful rejuvenation.  The important decision is to make sure you consult with a very experienced board certified facelift surgeon.

David Q. Santos, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of the Neck in Younger People

Since the neck is directly connected to the face, what you need is a facelift which treats the lower face and neck. I would suggest a procedure like the MACS Lift as it is less invasive and corrects the neck excellently with superior longevity. Before considering this, however, make sure you discuss it with your nephrologist and get cleared. (See TodaysFacelift.com)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Sagging Neck

A neck lift can be done to reduce the sagging and improve your jawline definition.Despite the excellent response to the prolonged dialysis you will need medical clearance from you nephrologist and medical team.

Lower face and neck lift for inelastic skin in the neck

Before undergoing elective cosmetic surgery, it's important to  get medical clearance from your nephrologist. Loose and inelastic skin in the neck must be tightened with a surgical face and neck lift. For more information and many facelift before-and-after results, please see the link and the video below

Lower face and neck lift

From this photo, it seem like you would get a great result with a lower face and neck lift. An in person exam would be needed to come up with the best treatment plan. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with expertise in facial aesthetics. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes. 
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #lowerfaceandnecklift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Saggy Neck. Any suggestions?

I'm afraid there is onl one good suggestion and that is a surgical necklift. Patients are routinely disappointed in the various nonsurgical treatments and find them a big waste of money. The real question is your physical health. You would need clearance for the surgery from your internist. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Saggy Neck. Any suggestions?

You certainly can consider a traditional neck lift surgery. You should also consider a ThermiTight procedure which is less invasive than the more traditional procedure with very similar results. Regardless you should expect any surgeon to seek advice from the medical doctors treating you.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Saggy Neck. Any suggestions

I think your best option would be a surgical neck lift. There will be a small incision in front of the ear and most of the incision will be behind your ear.

Julio Garcia, MD