What procedures should I get after 100 lb weight loss? (Photo)

I'm 55 and I lost over 100 lbs 4 years ago through diet and exercise. I have maintained that loss (+/- 5 lbs) and would like to have a body lift (with liposuction/fleur de lis), as well as, breast lift/augmentation. Preferably, I would like do all of my procedures at the same time. I know a medial thigh lift and arm lift would be beneficial, but I'm willing to wait on those.

Body lift 360 circumferential lower body lift breast lift breast augmentation

Congratulations on your weight loss!  What an accomplishment.  I think you are ready for the second phase of your weight loss journey.  Specifically, I would suggest a 360 lower body lift.  The lower body lift eliminates excess skin and fat of the abdomen, lateral thighs, and upper buttock.  The lower body lift can create a flat abdomen, tight lateral thighs, and a smooth buttock. I do not think think you need a Fleur de Lis; I think everything can be accomplished with 360 circumferential lower body lift alone.
Your breast augmentation and lift can be combined with the 360 lower body lift. Your breast augmentation would probably yield the best results with an implant as opposed to fat grafting.  These procedures are performed under general anesthesia.   You should plan to take 2-3 weeks off work.  
If you have any questions regarding a body lift and breast lift and augmentation, please contact my office. 
Sincerely, Dr. Katzen 

Body Lift

Thank you for your question in regards to a body lift. Depending on your in person consultation will determine multiple surgeries at once. It is usually is best to stage multiple surgeries out over a period of time. This will lower your risks of complications. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

What procedures should I get after 100 lb weight loss?

Thank you for your question and pictures. First, congratulations on your weight loss. You are a great candidate for a body lift and breast enhancement surgery. I encourage you to meet with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon who has an extensive experience working with weigh loss patients to create personalized plan for you. Often breast lift/ augmentation can be performed at the same time as a lower body lift. Good luck!

Mary Lee Peters, MD

You may be a great candidate for a lower body lift.

First, congratulations on your weight loss success and your ability to maintain that success for over four years! At this point, you could be a great candidate for a lower body lift as well as a breast lift and augmentation. Whether these may be performed during the same surgery or the procedures should be staged depends on a number of considerations, including your plastic surgeon's recommendation. I suggest setting up a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in post-weight loss body contouring. Best of luck to you, and enjoy your new look!

Plastic surgery following weight loss

Congratulations on losing 100 pounds.  You still have substantial internal fat in your abdomen, and I recommend you lose additional weight if possible before proceeding with surgery.  Your final results will not be as good if you proceed at your current weight.  After weight loss, I believe you will benefit from an extended tummy tuck the most, and you probably don't require a full 360 degree body lift or fleur de lis at this time.  A breast lift and augmentation may be combined with the abdominoplasty, especially if you are healthy and closer to your ideal weight.  Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Body Contour

Your question is very common. In my experience, tummy tucks, breast lifts and upper body lifting gives the best results. The surgeries should be staged to reduce the complication rate. Give yourself 4-6 weeks in between your procedures. All the best..Dr Narsete

Congratulations!

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss results! That's a fantastic goal you have accomplished and for that I applaud you and your hard work. Secondly, now is a great time for you to have the surgery because it has been at least over a year (four to be exact) since your weight loss and you have continually kept the weight off. Finally, it's not best to have all of your procedures done at the exact same time. Complications from surgery can occur after surgeries over 5 to 6 hours. With that being said, you can combine areas together, such as:
  • Tummy tuck and inner thigh lift
  • Tummy tuck and outer thigh lift
  • Belt Lipectomy (tummy tuck and buttock lift)
  • Breast surgery and Arm lifts
  • Tummy tuck and breast surgery

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon

Options after weight loss

Congratulations of your weight loss. It is quite the accomplishment. Plastic surgery following weight loss has come along way as more individuals are going through life changing weight loss programs. There are options for all areas of the body. The best course of action is always do do multiple areas in stages. Some anatomical areas can be combined but it is best not to do too much at once as the risk profile can increase dramatically.

I would suggest a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who is familiar with post weight loss body contouring and outline a treatment plan that suits your needs and addresses that areas you see as primary concerns first and work from there.

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

100 lb weight loss

From your photos you would do well with a circumferential adominoplasty. I would recommend doing your surgery in stages. You would require a mastopexy and breast augmentation but performing a circumferential is a long surgery and the chance for blood clots increase with multiple combined procedures.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

What procedures should I choose after a 100lb weight loss

Hello . . . and congratulations on your weight loss! For your abdominal area, I would recommend an abdominoplasty with liposuction rather than a fleur-de-lis body lift. Following that, I think the next most beneficial area to treat would be your breasts and back. For these areas, I would lean towards a breast lift (+/- augmentation) along with liposuction of the lateral chest and a bra-line back lift. With the back lift, it looks as though a significant amount of redundant skin could be removed and that this might improve your body shape considerably. Another key question is whether these procedures should be combined or staged. I can't make a recommendation on that here, but I would suggest being open to staging it when you do go for your consultation. Good luck.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon