What is the best option to correct tuberous breasts!? Will an augmentation be enough to achieve a rounder breast? (photos)

I'm currently a b cup looking to increase to a c cup. I've had a consultation and was looking at 300-325 cc implants. I would like to have rounder breasts that are not extremely high..and I really want to look as natural as I possible. But don't know if I need special attention due to the current shape. Was wondering if high profile silicone implants through the Inframammary fold will give me good results? Any suggestions or experiences is much appreciated!!

Will augmentation alone achieve a rounder breast?

Hi and thank you for providing photos with your question. Based on the pictures and the information provided, I would recommend a breast lift with augmentation for optimal results. But an in-office consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to examine you in person, take measurement, and discuss your goals and desired outcome would be needed to decide if that is truly the best option for you at this time in your life. Best wishes!

Tuberous Breasts

Thank you for your question; it is indeed an interesting one. In my opinion a breast lift with implants would give you the best results. While the lifting reshapes them, the implants would allow them to be the size of your choice. 

The size of the implants that are most suitable for you, is determined by calculation of your size, distance of areola & other sides. During the consultation the surgeon will seek for the proper size. Based on the photos you posted, I believe a 300cc implant will be enough.

Please remember to contact a board-certified plastic surgeon who is able to perform said surgery & can give you the results you want.

Thank you 

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD

What is the best option to correct tuberous breasts!? Will an augmentation be enough to achieve a rounder breast?

Thank you for your photographs and question. I personally believe you need to sit down and spend a reasonable amount of time with at least one or several board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options. Personally I would be very hesitant to recommend augmentation alone due to the size of your areolae, the droopiness that you have and the asymmetry in skin surface area and volume between your two breasts. I believe that some combination of breast lift combined with breast enhancement using implants would be in your best interest and worth the scarring and incision lines that would be necessary.Realize that the value of a consultation based on photographs only is limited and that you really do need to spend time until you find a plastic surgeon whom you have confidence and trust. Best of luck to you and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast lift

Your breast tissue is too low on you chest to get good results with augmentation only. The other issue is the size of your nipple /areola size and implants will stretch the even more. I would recommend breast lift with implants or fat grafting. Please see the link 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Correction of tuberous breasts

I believe in your situation you will need a circum-areolar breast lift as well as implants.  Higher profile implants alone could give you slightly improved shape but you will still have some sagginess to your breasts.  Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation

I would suggest 3D photographic imaging so you can visualize that an implant would look like on your chest.  With 3D imaging you can change both the volume and profile.

John Burns, MD

Depends on your expectations

In my opinion, you dont have tuberous breast deformity.
You have a nice natural shape to your breasts and could use some more volume to fill you envelope out.
Depending on your expectations, I would offer you either a straight foward breast augmentation through an inframmary fold approach and below the muscle placement with a dual plane dissection.  This would result in the least amount of scarring however your nipple position would not move and will still stay in the same location.  The other option would be a lift with an implant. This would  incur more scars however your nipple would be centered on the breast mound and your overall breast footprint would sit slightly higher at the cost of what is described as either a lollipop or anchor scar.  Each patient is different and obviously have different expectations. Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to express your wishes and concerns.
Best of Luck.

Breast augmentation

It appears that an implant alone will give you a good result.  sounds like you have had a consultation?  before proceeding, you should be made aware of the asymmetries and shape of your breasts.  discuss you desired goals and if they are realistically attainable.  but a "natural result" with your current breasts are attainable. your surgeon should review galleries of patient pictures to find a shape/volume that is similar to you and compare to your "wish photos". I find that very helpful in setting a realistic expectation.   

Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.

Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Tubular?

For the best results I think you need to consider a breast lift to reposition nipples and breast tissue. Meet with a few BCPS to learn more. Good luck!

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. From the pictures you have submitted, adding more volume will improve the shape of your breast. However it is very important to pay attention to where your nipples are currently sitting. Most patients in your situation would want their nipples situated slightly higher. This would require a lift in addition to an implant in order to achieve achieve the optimal shape. I would discuss these concerns with your plastic surgeon. 

Best wishes
Theodore Nyame M.D.

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician