What should I do about my deep set bags under eyes? (photos)

I have bags under my eyes and it's not from no sleep. I've had these my whole life and I'm now 22 and it ruins my confidence

Doctor Answers 6

Under Eye Hollowness

You may benefit from under eye fillers to improve hollowness. I would recommend an in person exam with a highly experienced injector to determine candidacy. It is difficult to tell your true candidacy just from your photographs. 

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Lower lid hollowing

You have some hollowing of the lower lids.  Try some HA filler such as restylane which should smooth out the appearance of the lower lid without doing any surgery.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Laser Resurfacing, Clear+Brilliant, Micropen, Viva, Ultherapy/Thermage

Lasers, microneedling/PRP, and fillers do well to treat this area while avoiding surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

I would like to see a picture of you looking straight ahead.

Looking up like this will make your circle look about as bad as possible.  Straight ahead it is likely very mild and may not need anything.  The state of the art service for this is under eye filler.  You need a very experienced injector for this.  Treatment will last over a year.  Choose wisely.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Eyelid bags can only be fixed with surgery

Your stated issue requires surgical treatment regardless of your young age. You will need lower eyelid blepharoplasty to get rid of your bags.

Vasdev Rai, MD
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. Please take comfort knowing that your case is not uncommon and that there are solutions for the bags under your eyes. Eyelid surgery, for example, removes under-eye bags, which are actually caused by fatty deposits. I suggest that you consult with a single or board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.