MemoryShape or MemoryGel for me? 30 y/o, No children, 5'7", 140lbs. (Photo)

I have my BA scheduled in 3 weeks. My PS recommended MemoryShape. He said I have a small fold & one of my breasts needs a little lift. I chose MemoryShape 495cc HP. I didn't want to go smaller & the 550cc were to large for my diameter. My question is should I go with MemoryGel instead since I like the upper pole fullness/cleavage they give? I don't necessarily want to look "fake" look. I like the round MemoryGel Siltex 500cc HP if I was to switch. My fear is going to small or droop.

Shape implant

Honestly, this is really something that can only be decided with an in person exam and the ultimate decision is going to be up to you and your desired outcome. Best of luck. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

MemoryShape or MemoryGel for me? 30 y/o, No children, 5'7", 140lbs

Very personal decision! I prefer Memory Gel . But again it is your final choices. Sizing sounds good!

You really need to decide that with your surgeon before your procedure. It's not something that we can really advise you on...you need to get a sense of what you are looking for (which it seems you have based on the photos you've shared) and then trust your surgeon to give that to you. If you don't trust your surgeon to recommend implants then you certainly should not trust them to operate on you. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Memory Gel

I would discuss this again with your surgeon.  If the superior pole fullness is what you are after, the memory gel would be a better option in my opinion.

Congratulations in advance!

Dr. Husni

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants for ME?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. You have also done a nice job, both in your description and with your goal photographs, communicating your goals here.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Given your concerns/questions, I would suggest that you spend additional time (as much as necessary to make sure that you are both on the same page) communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Shaped versus round

I agree that you have some pre-existing breast asymmetry.  Usually the memory shape implants yield a better long-term result.  495 mL is a fairly big volume but if your surgeon measured you and says that volume will work then you can go ahead with it.  Opinions will vary but I believe you will get a better result with a memory shape implant.  Best of luck!

Shape vs Gel

The short answer to your question is that both types of implants would likely give you a very nice result. The memory shape MH (high profile) implant is the most projecting implant manufactured by Mentor. That means it will give you about 1cm more "oomph" to the lower breast as compared to a round, high profile implant. Both will give you upper pole fullness. The photos you included are clearly augmented looks - two photos - black top and black and white top - clearly have round implants in place. A memory shape often gives a more natural appearance (like the photo with the colorful bikini and white bikini). In the end, it is your decision. Talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns.