How long should I wait between facial procedures?

About a week ago, I got a chin implant and had liposuction done on my chin. So far, everything is healing well. Another procedure I'd like to get done is cheek liposuction. How long should I wait before I get that done? Or does it matter?

Cheek Liposuction after Chin Implant

Since the cheeks are a different anatomic area than the chin and neck, in theory it does not matter. But just for the sake of healing and see how the cheeks may look from the chin changes, give yourself at least several months before going on to 'phase 2'.

Chin Implant and Facial Liposuction

Since these are two different areas, I recommend waiting about six weeks.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

HOW LONG TO WAIT BETWEEN FACIAL SURGERIES

YOU NEED TO WAIT AT LEAST 6 WEEKS OR A FEW MONTHS DEPENDING ON THE SURGERY. THIS WOULD BE BEST CONSULTED WITH A DOCTOR.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Since you are considering another facial procedure, give yourself 6 to 12 weeks before undergoing surgery again. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Time Between surgeries

2 weeks is too soon to judge about the outcome of the surgeries that you have undergone. You should wait minimum 3 months before you undergo another procedure. You do not want to have another surgery before you are fairly sure that you have past the early and intermediate complication period and you are confident that you are pleased with the outcome of the surgery that you have undergone.
You need to be careful about liposuction of the cheeks since this operation is seldom necessary and there are some critical nerves in this area. You really need to work with someone who specializes in this area to advise you wisely.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon