Lasik with mixed astigmatism.

I just had lasik last week and am seeing very blurry in my eye that had mixed astigmatism. My doctor said that is normal and it could be blurry for up to 6 months. Is this normal with mixed astigmatism?

LASIK, Astigmatism, Mixed Astigmatism, blurry vision

I am sorry to hear about your troubles.On occasion someone takes longer to recover their vision. Even more so with a high prescription and/or high astigmatism. I am not aware of mixed astigmatism requiring more time than regular astigmatism and 6 moths seems rather long.  Unlike PRK,  LASIK is popular because of the speedy recovery.

Best, Dr. Saimovici

New York Ophthalmologist