Can I get away with only implants? (photos)

I have lost a good deal of volume and perkiness from pregnancy, breast feeding, etc. I, like many others, do not want a lift of any kind. Can I get away with implants only, considering my mild ptosis? I do not want a high artificial look, I would prefer a soft natural looking breasts. Also, would I benefit more from a transaxillary approach or inframammary? Or does it even matter? Thanks for the advice!

Low nipples and breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you may want to consider crescent lifts to really improve your result. Your left breast needs a bit more attention than the right. If you had two rights you could probably get away with the low nipple positions.

I hope you found this helpful. A Have a great day.

Can I get away with only implants?

I appreciate your question.

Since you are opposed to a Breast lift, you may want to consider fat grafting to the breasts.  It can be done simultaneously with the Breast Augmentation and will give you more upper pole fullness.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Lift/BA

The level of ptosis that you have may mean that you will not be pleased with the look of implants alone. A detailed discussion with your Plastic Surgeon about your expectations and examination in person is necessary. Full projection implants with sufficient volume can provide a "lifted" look for some patients and restore volume, however perkiness or repositioning of the areolas will not be possible without a lift.

Seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in these procedures.

All the best

Implants alone?

Because you have ptosis (drooping) and the nipple/areolar are at the inferior border of your breast you would be best served with a lift as well.  An implant alone would not produce an aesthetically pleasing result.

Perry J. Johnson, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Mild ptosis can be treated with implants alone

Hello! The breast lift scars are often unsightly, for mild ptosis, I think implants alone is the way to go. As you age, over the next 5-10 years, you may then desire the lift, but for now, I agree with just implants.
Good luck.

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lift?

Thank you for your question.  While you can most likely get away with implants alone, the size will dictate if and when you will need a breast lift in the future.  If you go with large implants, you breasts will most likely need a lift sooner in the future than if you were to get smaller implants.  Regardless, please be seen in person to determine what would be best for you after a physical examination performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Can I get away with only implants?

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... Implants alone would not give you perky breast, to correct these ptosis a lift with implants is the best choice

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Lift

I think that you need some form of a lift to add to the implants. Implants in general, do not really lift the breasts to any great extent.

Can I get away with only implants?

If your nipple sits at the breast fold or slightly above you can have a very nice result with an implant alone with a very soft and natural result. When the nipple sits below the fold (pencil test) the implant might tend to push the nipple lower and the lift would be a better solution. Your phote suggests that the implant alone might do.

Can I get away with only implants

your breast are saggy enough that an implant alone, as it needs to be placed centered behind your nipple, will leave very little implant under the muscle. You can certainly have that done, but the breast will be just as saggy, just larger

Julio Garcia, MD