I had a tummy tuck in sept. 2015, my belly button still has leakage..it stinks. Is this normal? What should I do?

Not ok

this is not ok.  It is an easy fix.  Please go see your surgeon or any plastic surgeon and they can help you correct the problem.  It is most likely a stitch that is still there and needs to be taken out.  A photo would help us to see and therefore give you a more accurate answer.

At this point, you are likely dealing with a problem that will not resolve on its own. You should see your surgeon again for evaluation. You may have an infection around the muscle plication suture near your belly button or you could have a severe fungal infection in your belly button. Either is treatable, but if it is a suture, you may require a minor procedure to correct.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your belly button issues.  You should have fully healed after nearly two years and you either have a cyst or suture material in your belly button causing this intermittent drainage.  Most importantly go see your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation to determine the best treatment plan.  

Drainage from the belly button this far after surgery is unusual

hello! By now, there should be nothing draining from any of your incisions. The drainage from the belly button might be a suture deep down that is spitting... you should consult with your surgeon and follow their advice.Good luck.

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

See your plastic surgeon

If you still have drainage after two years, you should see your plastic surgeon.  You might have a stitch abscess from a suture he/she used to tighten your muscles.  It is a relatively minor procedure to remove that suture.  Good luck.