I want my old nose back. Do I need Rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had 2 bullhorn lip lifts 6 months apart, with the last surgery being 13 months ago. After my second surgery, I noticed my nostrils were pulled out and down, due to either the deep suturing and or scar tissue? Is there any way to fix this? I feel like I lost the natural curvature of my nostrils and that my top is pulled down. All of this is exaggerated when I smile. Thank you!

Problems after sub nasal lip lift

Scarring after sub nasal lip lift varies with individual skin tissue response and surgical technique variables (e.g. may be worse with extensive thermal effect from cautery to control bleeding; e.g. likely worse with greater tension on wound closure).  Also the fact that you had this done twice adds scar tissue upon scar tissue to the mix.  Efforts to help minimize scar tissue (e.g. triamcinolone injections; ablative fractional laser treatment) should be pursued.  Additional photo views and a formal consultation are needed to determine if consideration of reconstructive surgery may be of benefit.  

Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scarring from upper lip lift

You may be a candidate for treatment of your scars with injections and/or resurfacing techniques. It is difficult to see the degree of pulling down of the nose based on your photographs. There may be some rhinoplasty maneuvers that could correct this. You need a consult with someone that performs a large number of rhinoplasty to get a good opinion.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want my old nose back. Do I need Rhinoplasty?

Thank you for your questiion and answer. If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, there are several possible maneuvers which could help.  In order to obtain the best advice, an in-person consultation would be very helpful in your case.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD