I had filler injected under eyes and should last a year (Photo)

I had emergency surgery a week later and was pumped with fluids, I have puffiness under one eye that has not gone away, will it ?is this normal? its so noticeable, its been 2 yrs 7/14

Puffiness

I would recommend an examination and see if you are a candidate for tear trough fillers. Make sure you find a reputable injector.

Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

Puffiness under eyes

I would recommend you have a consult who has experience with tear trough injections and can dissolve the filler for you with hyaluronidase.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffiness 2 years after Juvederm to tear troughs.

This is a too familiar story. This is why Juvederm is not the right choice for this area. It should be dissolved with hyaluronidase. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

I had filler injected under eyes and should last a year

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your filler issues.  By two years your JVD should have dissolved but if you feel persistent filler you can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase.  See your injector for an in-person examination to determine the cause of your puffiness and to discuss treatment options.  Best wishes.

Edema Under the Eyes

There may be a medical problem associated with your under eye condition.  I would consult your internist first for a complete medical evaluation.  In the future you can consider Belotero or Restylane by an expert under the eyes. Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD