I can feel and see some of the juvederm in my lips 3 weeks post op? (Photos)

Hi! 3 weeks ago I had juvederm injected into my lips by a very well known and respected plastic surgeon in my area. From an aesthetic standpoint my lips look great. However, I can feel ALL the juvederm injected into my top left side of my lips. I also have almost like a sack around this area where It seems like I can see the juvederm? I've attached photos. Is it fine to wait until the juvederm breaks down since i like the shape of my lips? Or should I get this dissolved ASAP?

Juvederm in Lips

If you are happy with your cosmetic outcome, I would recommend just waiting. The visibility and palpability of the product will diminish over the next several weeks. If you are having any other symptoms such as pain or variable swelling, you should see your injector to determine if you need any treatment.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

I can feel and see some of the Juvederm in my lips three weeks PostOp

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  In some patients it takes a bit longer for the Juvederm to soften to leave a natural lip feeling.  Assuming the appearance of your lumps is not that concerning to you, you can leave the material where it is and see if it softens and looks more natural over the next week.  If, however, nothing changes and you do not want to wait for your body to break down the filler, hyaluronidase can be injected to speed the filler's absorption.  Hope this helps.

Lips can be a little lumpy!

Hello! I can see the lumpy area you are concerned about-- and I personally have had this happen to me when I had my lips done a few months ago. I would recommend massage, and patience.... it should soften up quite a bit and gradually diminish over time. I would not suggest getting it dissolved for this level of cosmetic issue-- really, especially if it looks good, and this is more of just something you can feel.

After a few months, then this type of decision can be made.

Good luck.

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm result

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. As long as you like the appearance of the lips, I would not have the product dissolved. It is expected that you would be able to feel product if you feel around for it. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Bumps after juvederm lip filler.

Thank you for sharing your photos and concern. It looks like you are very happy with your filler from an aesthetic standpoint, just enjoy the lips. If you are uncomfortable with the bumps consider speaking with your doctor about partial correction with hyalurodinase. Best wishes. Dr. Shanthala

Lumps after filler

The only way to get rid of the lumps at this point if they are filler, would be to dissolve it with hyaluronidase.  Best of luck.

Feeling the Juvederm in lips

The decision to dissolve the Juvederm is up to you. If you are happy with the cosmetic results, there is no need to remove it. It will last up to 5-6 months without any treatment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lumps from Juvederm

You need to have Vitrase injected into these lumps to remove the product to dissolve the lumps.  Please consult an expert in lip injections to avoid these combinations. Best, Dr. Green