Unhappy with mommy make over results, and scar. What can I do? (Photo)

10 months ago I had a mommy make over. My left breast is bigger then my right, and my scar looks bad. I got the breast reduction because my back hurt all the time. Tt was,I just didn't like all the extra skin. I run 3.5 miles a day and eat right. Have not gained any weight at all. I just need help on what to do. I spent a lot of money and don't have any left for more surgery. I just need advice, please help. Please don't tell me I have gained weight, I have not.

Unhappy with Mommy Makeover Results and Scarring

Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months following the procedure(s) as the #scars will be evolving. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. Also some severe scars can be treated with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing. Additionally, scar therapy with scar maturation products (e.g. BioCorneum or Embrace) are suggested for managing scars. However, we recommend you wait to use scar improving products until a few weeks following your surgery.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a #revision. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation.The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Unhappy with Mommy Makeover results

From the looks of your scars, you will still see some improvement as the scar matures but an in person exam would be required to see what else can be done. Best of luck, Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Even at 10 months you're still healing after a mommy makeover.

I can't say that your result will be good but it is clear that the scars are still biologically quite active. I would suggest you continue to remain patient and let the healing complete itself before considering a revision.

Mommy Make-over Results

One idea to make your scars better is to have permanent make-up tattoos which can be done in the office.  The area is numbed and our Aesthetician uses a tattoo that is the same color as your skin to hide the scar better.  Best of luck!

Unhappy with mommy make over results, and scar. What can I do?

Sorry for your poor results, your out of focus posted photos, and what you can do is seek in person paid second opinions. My guess is revision complete surgery is the only option for you at this point... 

Breast reduction result

It looks like you have an improvement in the shape of your breasts after your breast reduction. Scars take 6 months to two years to improve. You can use Scarfade or Silogen twice a day to help the scars smooth out.

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Suggestion

Linnie47,
It is quite unfortunate that you are not pleased with your results.  I do see the asymmetry and understand your concerns.  There is definite room for improvement but remember that I am just looking at a small picture, a complete exam is required to confirm this.

Your first step should be to share your concerns with your surgeon-hopefully a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  You will be surprised how, most of us, we will go to great length to make sure our patients are happy with their results.

Good luck

Hugo St. Hilaire, MD, DDS, FACS
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon