Do I need to gain weight for a BBL? (Photos)

I read that you have to be a bmi of 21 to have one, right now I'm just under bmi 19 but not underweight. I'm 5 feet tall and not athletic so even though I'm thinner i have a lot of fat. My goals for a BBL is to have an hour glass figure, round hips and a big bubble butt. Would gaining weight past a 21 bmi give me more dramatic results?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.
I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.
Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift

Thank you for the pictures. Brazilian butt lift is a phantastic procedure for patients who are slightly overweight and have excess weight in the classical problem zones. Ideal BMI is usually between 26-30.I am concerned that you may not have enough fat for the result you are looking for. Options you can look into is either gain weight or buttock implants, but for your own satisfaction it is important to harmonize your desired result with your physical preconditions.

Alexander Aslani, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon