Should my incision look so thick, hard and swollen? (Photo)

I am 6 1/2 mths post op from tummy tuck. For the last mth or so have had constant swelling of incision, I still feel a very tight pull from bottom portion in front thigh areas close to pubic section. I am starting to get pain along with a blister on incision, not sure why the skin seems to be trying to break down and blister. Is this normal, and how long before the stomach start to set and become normal, without constant tightness and pressure very irrating...any responses is appreciated.

Keloids

Hello,  thank you for your question.   What you present is call Keloid.   A vicious scarring of the tissue due to a excess of  collagen.   Multiple treatments exists for Keloids.   Esteroids,  radiation,  pressure therapy,  silicone gel and sheets are a few among them.   

Thick scars after tummy tuck

It's difficult to tell what's going on with just the pics you sent.  You may have an infected stitch in the area you describe as a "blister".  Please return to your PS for evaluation.

Thick, Swollen Incisions

It may take several months for a #tummytuck patient’s #scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become #thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace. On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

If you have more questions, please contact your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon for an in-person consultation.

Should my incision look so thick, hard and swollen?

Appears as a moderate to severe hypertrophic scar event. Best to consider therapy or re excision with SRT radiation therapy options (fee $6,000).