7 weeks post-op of TT, Lipo of abd., flanks, sides of the breast and under chin, will using DMSO dissolve the hematoma?

I have an encapsulated hematoma that is about the size of a baseball right below the tt incision. I have a lump on the right side of the belly button that PS states is a necrotic fat deposit. He told me if it did not resolve, he will have to open the incision, remove both and close me up again. I would like some opinions about using DMSO and dissolving arnica tablets and an aspirin in it and applying to hematoma and using Red LED light therapy? Could this possibly dissolve the hematoma?

Greetings. There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your procedure.  In most cases of an encapsulated hematoma and large piece of fat necrosis surgical removal is indicated as your listed treatments will be largely ineffective.  Maintain close follow up with your surgeon to track the progress of each with time.  Best wishes. 

Hematoma after surgery

Hi, thanks for your question. 

If the hematoma and fat necrosis do not resolve, it is likely best to physically remove it. That means opening the incision to get it out. Injecting other chemicals to try and dissolve things can often cause more harm than good. Be sure to follow-up with your surgeon and consider his/her advice regarding this. 

Best wishes in your recovery,

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX