Deep indentation under my left breast just below my incision (9 days PO). What is this and will it need to be fixed? (Photos)

After surgery I noticed a slight dent through the tape. I mentioned it to my PS and he said it would go away. Yesterday I changed the tapes for the first time and realized that the indentation is much deeper than I though. I'm now very worried that it won't go away. It looks and feels exactly like my husband's pneumothorax scar from when he was a baby, except his has just gotten deeper as he grew. I'm afraid it won't go away and will get deeper as my implant drops and settles. Will this go away?

Deep indentation under my left breast just below my incision. Will this need to be fixed?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. It appears that this indentation is from the suture technique used to repair your incision and should improve once the suture dissolves.  Allow your surgeon an opportunity to recommend the best treatment option and offer reassurance that this will improve.  Hope this helps.

Indentation

The deep indentation is probably from sutures.  This will likely improve with time. best of luck.....

Deep indentation under my left breast just below my incision (9 days PO). What is this and will it need to be fixed

Thank you for your question. The indentation is from deep absorbable suture, which eventually absorbed and smoothens it out. Please talk to your PS during your visit

Deep indentation under my left breast just below my incision (9 days PO). What is this and will it need to be fixed?

As others have stated the indentation that you see in your incision is caused by a deep suture which will dissolve with time.  In my experience the weight of the breast implant and the natural healing process should smooth this indentation out but it can take 3-4 months.  Of course discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Dent underneath breast?

Appears that may be a deep suture that your PS placed. Since you are only 10 days out, just let your body heal. With time, the swelling will go down and the implants will drop some and the "dent" should relax. I advise my patients to wait a good 4-6 months to see their final shape and if you still aren't happy at that point, best to have a candid discussion with your PS. Good luck!

Suture dimple

Whe a plastic surgeon is closing an incision , she uses a number of deep and superficial sutures.  The deep sutures can take anywhere from a few months to almosta year to dissolve.  The job of the deep stitches is to hold the deep tissues together and to take the tension off the incision line so it heals as a fine line.  The deep sutures can sometimes result in a dimple in the skin.  This almost always disappear when the sutures dissolve.

Samuel Beran, MD