This is a follow up of my previous question posted on November 7, 2016. (Photo)

Previously I posted a question regarding an encapsulated hematoma and trying to treat it by dissolving an Aspirin and Arnica tablets in 99.9% pharmaceutical grade DMSO diluted with aloe vera juice to about and 80/20 solution. I forgot to mention I asked my plastic surgeon about trying this and he ok'd it. I wanted to clarify that I am applying this topically and not injecting it, as the first doctor that replied indicated that I was doing. Can this work or does this get worse the longer I wait?

This is a follow-up to an earlier question. Click here to read it. 

Post op Hematoma

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. I STRONGLY discourage you from injecting anything into your body in this fashion as this can cause a significant infection. I suggest following up with your ps regarding this. If the above is the recommendation of your ps I suggest a second opinion. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

This is a follow up of my previous question posted on November 7, 2016.

I doubt that your regimen will be effective at dissolving the hematoma. If it is truly encapsulated with a thick capsule, it is often best to reoperate to drain the hematoma and excise the scar tissue encapsulating it. I find that these long term hematomas with encapsulation don't resolve completely with non operative treatment and the skin looks irregular.  

Thank you for your follow-up question.  I understand your plan but do not feel that you will find it effective.  You are using the DMSO as a carrier gel to help the aspirin and arnica reach your encapsulated hematoma to try and dissolve it. Unfortunately based on the thickness of the abdominal skin, underlying fat layer, and surrounding scar tissue of the hematoma it will not be able to deliver the drugs for your intended purpose.  The best treatment is surgical removal.  I hope this helps.