Do I need a breast lift along with implants or not? (photo)

Do you think I need a breast lift along with the 450cc saline implants I am getting or do you think Id be ok without a lift?

Do I need a breast lift along with implants or not?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question and for posting an appropriate picture. You seem to be a good candidate for breast lift with implants. Implants alone will not provide any lift and may result in an unnatural aesthetic. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging so you can get an idea of your post operative results. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. You can watch the video attached to see the entire procedure. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Do I need a Lift with Implants or Not?

You definitely need a lift (mastopexy) with implants to give you the most beautiful breast shape.  You need a circumareolar mastopexy only (no scars below the nipple-areola).  

Breast lift and augmentation

Hi there CT and thanks for posting,

I think the question you should be asking is do you need an implant along with the breast lift you are getting.

You most certainly need a lift. There are various options as to how to perform a lift which is best discussed at the time of your consultation. Essentially a lift can be done either via vertical incision or with an inverted T. My personal preference is to the inverted T incision as I think it gives a better shape.

You seem to have a good breast volume, which if better placed on your chest in a smaller skin envelope will give you perkier, fuller breasts. I am not sure you will need an implant as well, and even if you do, my advice would be to do that at a second stage.

I suggest you seek a second opinion and ask your next surgeon to show you photos of patients that have undergone a mastopexy alone. I have many patients who have been in exactly your position that have wanted a lift and augmentation, but have followed my advice to have a mastopexy first and then realise that they infect do not need an implant.

Best wishes

Breast lift alone or with implants?

Thank you for your question and photo. You would definitely benefit from a breast lift, which reduces the skin envelope while reshaping the breast tissue into a more youthful and perky shape. Sometimes implants can also be added for more volume, but this increases the complexity of the operation and recovery and so must be done by someone with a lot of experience. It's best to have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Need a lift

From your photographs, my opinion would be that a vertical lift alone would be better than implants alone.If you want to be larger as well as lifted, then a small implant with the lift would work well. If you just place an implant, especially if it's under the muscle, you will have the look of a breast hanging off of a mass in the upper chest. Find a board-certified plastic surgeon to consult with in your region.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Implants add volume to the breasts.  The do NOT lift the breasts.  If you add implants alone, your breasts will look exactly like they do now, only fuller.  Also, if you put the implants under your chest muscle, the implants will sit too high on your chest with your breasts hanging below them.  I would suggest that you are a better candidate for a breast lift with or without implants (if you want to go to a larger volume), however, you should visit a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options with you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast Lift

From your photo I would recommend a vertical breast lift.  This would reduce and lift your areolas and contour your breast nicely.  You have ample volume to forego an augmentation.  

Lift likely needed for optimal results

Looking at your breasts it appears that you have pros is and would benefit from a lift with or without implants. Good luck! 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift?

It appears as though you would need a lift as well. Since your nipples are below the fold of the breast, you would need some kind of lift to bring them back up. The implants will give you a more full look and can provide more upper pole fullness. Without the lift, the size and weight of the implants are only going to pull you down more.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon