Are there any doctors in the Columbus, Ohio area that offer drainless Tummy Tucks?

I'm a 34 yr old mom of 5. My oldest is four, my triplets are two and my surprise baby is seven months old. I'm looking to have a mommy makeover in February of 2017. Many of my triplet mom friends have had the drainless procedure and rave about it. Thanks for your input!

To find doctors in your local area, please click here. 

Drainless tummy tuck

Absolutely - the vice chair at Ohio State University Dr. Jeffrey Janis is a phenomenal board certified plastic surgeon that would be more than eager to discuss this with you. Good Luck!!

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Advantages and disadvantages of train was tummy tucks?

If you go to surgery.org will be able to look up a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Using quilting sutures is a notable advance in the performance of tummy tuck procedures but many surgeons still prefer to leave a drain in for one week to enhance the likelihood of a complication free recovery I have seen patients fearful of having their drains removed due to stories of pain but there is a way to get around this that works very easily every time.  Let your selected plastic surgeon use the technique that he/she is most comfortable with and if he recommends drains understand that there is an advantage to it and it may reduce the risk of unwanted complications such as seromas or wound breakdown.  These are problems that you both would be happier to avoid. Good luck and enjoy your results. Tummy tucks often provide amongst the most dramatic improvements in our field.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Sure, if it's feasible!

there are a lot of great surgeons in Columbus. Some have more experience than others. Drainless procedures do better in very thin patients. Go for a few consultations and see what you think. Drainless is great when it works! - it's miserable when it doesn't! You should really focus on the long term result, not just the week you may need to spend with a drain. Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Drainless tummy tucks?

Many plastic surgeons are able to do a drainless tummy tuck for you as part of your mommy makeover.  The elimination of drains from a tummy tuck has become more and more commonplace over the last decade.  Good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. You can try visiting a plastic surgeon the are many that can do the drainage at their hospitals.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Drainless tummy tucks - who does them?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over

• Any good plastic surgeon should be able to do a drainless tummy tuck for you - 
  • It is a matter of suturing the internal tissues to seal them.
  • That said, there is a slightly higher risk of a seroma which your surgeon should discuss with you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Advanced tummy tuck

The drainless procedure is great, but not always feasible.  I tell my patients I will try, but I also do liposuction with my tummy tucks in most cases, which means there is fluid drainage I want to collect and not have build up under the flap.  So, I leave drains in those cases, but I do the other techniques so that the drains are not in for very long at all (maybe a week tops, usually less).  This is very well tolerated.  Remember, the goal is to prevent a seroma from building up, and after lipo, there's simply too much fluid to leave in.  I have a colleague in Columbus, Dr. Angelos, who gets great results as well, and I would urge you to see him.

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though I can not recommend a specific surgeon I am attaching a link to the american society of plastic surgeons website that will allow you to search for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  It will give you a list of physicians based on their distance from your location who can discuss with you the pros and cons as well as your candidacy for a brainless tummy tuck. Hope that this helps. 

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Tummy Tuck - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your tummy tuck. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.