Is there is a way to close a piercing? And if so what would I be looking at cost wise? (photos)

I have two sets of piercings, both on my ears. The lower piercing somehow managed to slide or drop lower than what it was when I first got it pierced and has been this way for about 8 years . I have had this piercing for about 10 years and I don't think it can or will close on its own.

Simple

thing to have done in the office under local anesthesia. most surgeons would say you will then need to wait 4-6 weeks prior to having your ear pierced again if that is your goal

Earlobe repair

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon as pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon. Price can range from $400-$800. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #earloberepair

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Treatment to close ear piercing

Closing an ear piercing is a very common surgical procedure that can be performed in the office.  The cost will vary by surgeon, but it should be in the hundreds of dollars and not thousands.  I would see a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe Piercing Repair

Thank you for your question. This is a very common procedure that we typically perform in the office with a local anaesthesia. The sutures stay in for 10 days and we re-pierce if desired at 6 weeks. The cost is typically $500 per ear.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon