Is there is a way to close a piercing? And if so what would I be looking at cost wise? (photos)

I have two sets of piercings, both on my ears. The lower piercing somehow managed to slide or drop lower than what it was when I first got it pierced and has been this way for about 8 years . I have had this piercing for about 10 years and I don't think it can or will close on its own.

Simple

thing to have done in the office under local anesthesia. most surgeons would say you will then need to wait 4-6 weeks prior to having your ear pierced again if that is your goal

Weston Physician

Close pierced earlobe hole?

Closure of earlobe pierced holes is a fairly common operation performed in plastic surgeon's offices. It can be done under nothing more that a local anesthetic. There will be a small scar but this should be inconspicuous after all healing is done. To learn just what you can expect, plan to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate plenty of experience with earlobe repair surgery.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Suffolk Plastic Surgeon

EARLOBE

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure.You may be able to find a doctor who will do this under insurance but i am not aware of any.The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe. You can get your ear re pierced about 6 weeks after and should be included in the pricing. Shop around in your area and see if you can find a plastic surgeon in your budget. Insurance typically wont cover this. 

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Earlobe repair

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon as pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon. Price can range from $400-$800. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #earloberepair

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Treatment to close ear piercing

Closing an ear piercing is a very common surgical procedure that can be performed in the office.  The cost will vary by surgeon, but it should be in the hundreds of dollars and not thousands.  I would see a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe Piercing Repair

Thank you for your question. This is a very common procedure that we typically perform in the office with a local anaesthesia. The sutures stay in for 10 days and we re-pierce if desired at 6 weeks. The cost is typically $500 per ear.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon