Any suggestions on Cc's? (photos)

I'm 32B,with 30 band size 32 bust weight 127-130lb and height 5'4 - 5'5. And have had two children,35 yrs old.wanting a full C.Do you think 650cc high profile would be to Lg.And estimated size do you think that would make me just approximately.

How to pick the right implant size

Selecting the right implant size in order to give the desired result is very important in order to make patients happy.  I help them select an implant that is right for them after listening to their goals and examining their shape and tissue characteristics.  In my office I have patients try on sizers to determine what "look"l they are interested in and I also go over 3D imaging with the Canfield Vectra3 system.  This allows patients to visualize what is possible.  I also give patients a pair of Dazzylle breast sizers.  These are adjustable saline sizers that patients can take home and "test drive".  This makes them more educated about not only the look but the feel and weight of breast implants.  Patients are also provided as many consultations as they need in order to determine the implant size that is right for them.  I am helping the patients come to a solution by offering my professional opinion as well.  All that being said, 650cc is a very large implant and will create an unnatural look based on the preop photos.  I would recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size - estimating final result

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • A 650 cc breast implant on a slim woman of normal height like you is likely to be very big.
  • However choosing the implant is something best done with you and your surgeon.
  • Bra size predictions are not reliable - but I would expect you to be considerably larger than a DD.
  • For a C, you should be looking in the 350 - 450 range.
  • This are large implants for a small frame - discuss the pros and cons with your surgeon.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Suggestion on CC's

Thank you very much for your question, and for providing the pictures.

It's difficult to estimate breast implant sizing without an in-person consultation.  In person, a plastic surgeon can measure your breast dimensions, and select an implant that will give you the result you desire.  To assist patients with implant selection, sometimes computer imaging is also helpful (we have the Vectra system in our practice).

However, based on your "wish" pictures, 650 is likely a bit too large.  Something in the 400-500 cc range will probably work well for you.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Best Size for Breast Augmentation

More revealing photos and physical exam are optimal because I try to tailor each breast augmentation operation to my patient's desires and body type. There are pros and cons regarding saline and silicone implants, and patient anatomy and preference play a role in selection. The same is true regarding implant projection. High profile 650 cc implants are pretty big, but I can't say what size is best for you without better photos and physical exam. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and go to your consult with all your questions written down so you don't forget to ask something. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast implant Size

Hello Hopefully Perfect and thank you for your question!  Based on your height, weight and pictures, 650cc is probably too big. You are probably going to be closer to the 420-560cc range, but an in-person examination is needed to determine this.

The most important thing to consider is really the size and look that is appealing to YOU with the implants you choose. Many surgeons have sizing models whether using bras with implants or computer simulation. I encourage you to discuss with your surgeon many of these considerations when deciding which implant and size to use during your surgery. Additionally, a breast implant is a round object and has a certain diameter. Your base width on each side of your chest will determine "how big of a ball" or what diameter implant you can reliably go up to with a socially acceptable cosmetic outcome. The implant will "augment" or increase the size of your breasts to an amount acceptable to you and your surgeon. There is not a direct correlation between height/weight and base width; therefore, the base width should be measured as each person us unique.

You can also compare the high profile with moderate profile implants and see which look you like most. The profile of the implant will determine how much upper pole fullness and overall projection you portray.

Make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. I hope this helps answer your question.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Picking the right implant size to achieve your goals

In terms of picking the right implants to achieve your goals, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Breast Augmentation Size

You appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. Questions of size, implant position, and incisions are very personal decisions that are affected by your specific goals and concerns – these are best answered during an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
It is important that we choose implants that fit your body to give you the best result, as there are limits to what size implants can safely be used that are determined by things like chest width and how much (or little) breast tissue you have to start with.
Three-dimensional photography and computer simulation now allows us to very accurately measure these variables, choose an appropriate implant, and simulate what you’ll look like after surgery – a much better option, in my opinion, than trying on implants and “guessing” at the right size.
Again, an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is your best resource for personalized information.
Hope this helps.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

What size implants

Other than height, weight, breast size preoperatively and the base width of your breasts to begin with, another factor that has to be considered is the compliance or stretch ability of your chest wall skin as well as the position of your nipple and areola as it relates to your infra-mammary crease. Three-dimensional imaging with Vectra 3-D has been very useful in my office to give you a look into the future of what you might look like with each individual type and size of breast implant. Having said all that, a 650 mL high profile implant in a patient of your stature will look closer to the pictures that you don't like then to the ones that you do. Try to find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region who can help you out. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Avoid implant that are too small

Hi hopefully perfect, I like your choice of 650 HP Good luck with your surgery. Columbus has several great surgeons.

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

What size is best?

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on the submitted photos and 'wish pics' a high profile or ultra high profile may achieve the look you're going for. I unfortunately cannot comment on specific volumes as this relates to measurements taken during a physical exam. As far as what's 'too big,' this is a judgement call based upon your goals as well as the quality of your tissue - for example I recommend against large implants in patients with poor skin elasticity .. as the implant drops more rapidly than you would like.
Regarding cup size, unfortunately there is no standardization among manufacturers – you will find that after surgery (and likely now, before any surgery) that you are different cup sizes in different bra companies. Implant selection is a complex process and demands a detailed discussion of your goals and a physical exam - I would suggest a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so your specific concerns can be gone over in detail, a physical exam be performed, and individualized recommendations be made. Good luck!