My breasts are extremely saggy, I'm not overweight and I have large breasts. What can I do to fix this/what is wrong? (Photo)

My areola is sagging completely on both breasts and I'm assuming I'll need a breast lift in order to correct this? I was wondering that if this is the case, roughly how much is a breast lift?

Breast sagging

Hello, breasts have a wide range of shapes and sizes but if you are unhappy with yours, breast lift or reduction surgery can be considered.  There are several ways to do these procedures but this will be discussed during a consultation with a plastic surgeon.  I hope you achieve your desired result.

Breast lift and reduction

Thanks for your question; in your case its recommended a breast lift and reduction; this will reduce areola size too. T inverted incision will give you very good results.

regards

Kemil Issa, MD

Breasts are extremely saggy, what can you do?

Appreciate your question and pictures that you have provided. Your breasts would be best described as having a significant amount of ptosis (saggy). In this case, I would recommend a breast lift and/or reduction to elevate your nipple, decrease the areolar size, and reshape your breast to sit higher on your chest. This can be achieved with a few different techniques that would require making incisions on your breast. Most commonly you would have an incision around your areolar, a vertical incision extending from the lower areola to crease, and a crease (horizontal) incision. Although this may seem like a lot of incisions, I find my patients are very happy with the new shape and lifted appearance of their breasts.

My breasts are extremely saggy, I'm not overweight and I have large breasts. What can I do to fix this/what is wrong

Thank you for your question and photographs.  There are multiple ways to try and help you obtain results that you will be happy with, but it depends on several factors.  If you are interested in maintaining your size, then a breast lift would be the recommended procedure, with possibly an internal bra to help support your breasts.  If you are looking to reduce the size of your breasts, then a breast reduction will allow for this while also giving you a lift to reposition your breast and nipple.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who can help answer your questions and find the right procedure for you.

Breast Lift and Reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. If you are unhappy with the size of your breast then I would suggest a combined breast lift and reduction procedure. A breast lift combined with a reduction will provide relief from the neck, shoulder and back pain caused by overly large breasts, and create a more balancing and flattering figure. Best of luck to you.

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Large Saggy Breasts On A Slender Woman - What Caused It, What Can Fix It, And What Does It Cost?

Thank you for your excellent photographs.  You have the classic signs of Type II tuberous breasts, and as such, you have the upper medial and lateral components of your breast but no lower medial and lateral components.  Therefore, once your breasts started to gain some volume, they turned downward and you have no real definition between the breast tissue and the nipple areolar complex because the dermis of your areola is weak allowing herniating of your breast tissue into the areola.  

A standard of Wise pattern lift/reduction would correct three of your four major problems.  It would get your breasts off your chest wall, decrease the size of your areola, and will move the areola into a more favorable position on the chest mound.  To get fullness in the upper quadrant, you need also to put a breast implant in.  Because of the width of your areola, some of the pigment from the areola may be present along the vertical line from your nipple to your inframmary fold.  

With reference to breast lift cost with implants, it varies in different regions of the U.S.  In Hawaii, the spread is usually between $12,000 - $17,000 depending on the complexity of the surgery and the skill of the surgeon.

You look like a good candidate for a breast reduction.

Breasts come in a wide range of shapes and sizes as well as a wide range of placements on the body. Judging from your photos, I think you could make an excellent candidate for a breast reduction, which could give your breasts a perkier, more proportionate look. A breast reduction (which also includes a breast lift) would reduce the size of your areolas, elevate your nipples, and reposition your breasts to sit higher on your chest. The price of a breast lift, also known as mastopexy, varies depending upon surgeon and location, but average cost according to RealSelf is $8,000. Sometimes, breast reduction may be covered by your insurance plan.

Glenn M. Davis, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  It appears that you would definitely benefit from a breast lift and potentially from a nipple reduction.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure and cost.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

What are your options for sagging breasts?

Your large, sagging breasts are most likely due to genetics.  I would recommend a breast reduction for you.  We would lift the breasts, reduce volume and reduce areola size.  I think that you would be very satisfied with the results.  Breast lift or breast reduction surgery varies area to area and surgeon to surgeon.  Make sure to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Best of luck!

Breast lift

Yes, you will benefit greatly from a breast lift/reduction. This will create a lifted, perky and pretty breasts proportionate to the rest of your body. Your areolas will also be downsized. The procedure may affect your ability to breast feed, but I would not hesitate to proceed. Take your time choosing a plastic surgeon and make sure you review photos of their work so you can be certain your expectations will be fulfilled. Good luck and thank you for sharing. You will do great!

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon