Will my breasts get smaller?

I am afraid that I told my doctor that I was a DD and I may have been bigger . He based my size off of how much to take out my boobs. He took out a pound from each breast. He said I should be around a b cup. I don't think I was much bigger just maybe a cup size bigger. Does that mean I won't be a b cup? Also I'm 3 weeks post op. I went to Victoria's Secret and I fit into a D cup. Will they go down more?

Concerns about breast size after breast reduction surgery…

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. Given that you are only three weeks out of surgery, I think that you can expect significant changes over the course of several months.  Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon who will always be your best resource for meaningful advice and/or reassurance.  

For the benefit of patients seeking breast reduction surgery in the future:  careful preoperative communication is one of the keys to success with any type of breast surgery.   With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful.  The use of computer imaging is also becoming more helpful when it comes to the communication process.

For example, I have found that the use of words such as “ proportionate” or “B or C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  the use of computer imaging is becoming more helpful when it comes to the communication process.

Best wishes for outcome that you will be very pleased with, regardless of the (somewhat arbitrary) cup size achieved.

Breast reduction

You are only three weeks out and you are likely still swollen. Give it time to settle down. Best of luck.