Would a breast reduction help?

I am 19 with 32G bra size. I really don't want to have them because they are too much. It's gotten to the point when I am bra shopping I have to shop online, because I am too big or too small for retail stores. I also find it annoying not being able to work out normally or just walk without my chest being the first thing people notice.

A breast reduction will provide relief of your symptoms

Hi,

I believe a breast reduction will be greatly beneficial. However, At 19yrs old your breasts may or may not be done growing. Once you have established you are no longer growing, then begin making appointments with reputable Board Certified Plastic surgeons that are experts in this area. Please be aware that there is a more current technique that preserves nipple sensitivity and the ability to breast feed (unlike the anchor method). I have attached a short video to show you what can now be achieved- No vertical scar and no need for breast implants. 

Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction is right for you!

Hello! I can understand your frustration-- your breasts are too large! The surgery is life-changing... all of my patients say that they feel better the very first day after surgery...and then they hug me! I would recommend proceeding, and at 19, you will have an easier recovery and also get to enjoy the results longer! Breast Wishes!

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Will breast reduction help?

Based on the limited information you have provided, I would have to say that a breast reduction would probable help you in two ways.  Any musculoskeletal or hygiene problems you may have should be improved.  And you will be much more proportional and comfortable.  If you are serious about it, have an in-person consultation with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced in this procedure and discuss you options.  This can be a wonderful and life-changing event for the right patient.

Breast reduction

It sounds like by your cup size that you might be a candidate for a breast reduction but you would need to be seen in person.

Breast reduction

Hi.  It sounds like you should discuss the idea of breast reduction with a local, experienced plastic surgeon.  While the vast majority of ladies are very pleased with the outcome, and the more comfortable & proportional shape, it is a major surgery, with some risks and trade-offs.

Would a breast reduction help?

I am sorry to hear about the problems your disproportionately large breasts cause. Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations to perform. 

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.

Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons. Timing of service should be individualized based on the specific patient's  life circumstances and preferences.

When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced Board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Once you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, it will be important for you to communicate her goals carefully as well. In my practice, I asked patients to use as many “visual aids”, such as goal photographs, during the communication process. Avoid the use of subjective terms; for example, "C cup” and/or “proportionate"… these terms can be confusing, since they may mean different things to different people. 

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.