Big bump on the left side after surgery. Walking hunched and lots of back pain. What should I do? (Photo)

I had surgery 3 weeks ago. I had muscle repair, lipo on flanks, upper back, and outer thights. The recuperation has been painful. I still walk hunched and have one drain. If I stand for 5 minutes my back hurts like hell. I can't sleep on the bed because something on the right hurts. I wonder if it is the drain ... Last week i went and got 3 massages and it help but my biggests complain is this thing I have on my left side. I dont know how to call it. Please provide advice. Thank you.

Pain post tummy

This could be due to the drain.Usually the drain is removed when the drainage is less than 20 or 30 cc's per 24 hours.so I would check with your plastic surgeon to see if this can be renmoved.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

A

Difficult to tell from pics and no exam.  This needs to be discussed with your PS if it is causing such significant pain.  If it is soft, contender and just sticking out then it may be a fluid collection called a seroma or a fat and excess skin area such as a dog ear.  Your PS will know how to attend to either and you are best to see them.  

Dog ear after an abdominoplasty with lower back pain as well

Looks like you have some redundant skin on the lateral portion of your incision, we call this a dog ear.  It may improve with time or may require a minor revision would have to re-evaluate in 6 months.  As for your back pain it may be due to an change in the position of your pelvis due to the repair of your anterior abdominal wall.  Ask your plastic surgeon about stretching exercises. 

Muscle repair with lipo post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

At this point (3 weeks post-op) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If the after six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Big bump on the left side after surgery. Walking hunched and lots of back pain. What should I do?

Still early. But the 'bump' is a dog ear or excess skin but must wait till more healed to revise. As for pain best to follow up with your surgeon every few days...

What should I do?

Thank you for the question and photos. Swelling and hard, puckered incisions are normal at 3 weeks post op but if you have new/increasing pain or one side seems to be growing larger, I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to assess you in person.

All the best