I'm African American and I did a 55% glycolic peek at home. My face reacted like bumps and sore. (photo)

It burned and looks broke out

Glycolic acid peels

you should not be doing peels at home. Glycolic acid is an acid and should be administered only by health care professionals. get an appointment with a board certified dermatologist and get this treated and then a program to help your skin overall

Nashville Dermatologist

Melapads daily + Replenish for breakouts

Discontinue the products and apply a retinoid cream such as Replenish with Melapads daily. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Glycolic Peels

Glycolic peels such as 55% are strong and can cause burning and bumps.  If your skin reacted like that, the concentration is too strong and lesser concentrations will need to be used.

Glycolic peel

Hello, and thanks for your question.I recommend only having glycol acid peels done by a board-certified dermatologist to minimize the risk of complications.  Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon