What accounts for the high price of veneers? Do materials make up the majority of the cost or is it due to labor?

Price is always based on education which relates to care, skill and judgment

The fee charged by a dentist takes into account their education and training and that of the laboratory technician who is fabricating the veneers based on the prescription submitted by the dentist.  Any licensed dentist can perform veneers, but not so many have taken hundreds of hours in post-doctoral courses in smile design and cosmetic dental procedures.  A highly trained and experienced cosmetic dentist should also be an artist and should show you cases they have done that are similar to your case. You should always review these before beginning any treatment and ask questions regarding how they will treat your situation.  It is now possible to perform veneers by using a "Thin Veneer" technique which does not require aggressive tooth preparation.  Does your dentist know how to do this?  Do they even offer it as a possibility? They should present this and have the training to perform it otherwise you are only going to get more tooth structure removed than is necessary. It is always best to research and then pay for the care, skill and judgement of the dentist you determine will help you in the best way.

High cost of veneers

In dentistry, just as in any other realm, you pay for experience of both the dentist and lab technician. Remember that this is you SMILE you are talking about. Veneers, well done, are meant to last a very long time. This is an investment. Put at least as much research into your decision as you would any other major purchase.  In 10-20 years how many cars will you have bought and sold? If you treat them well your veneers will still be there dazzling people every time you smile.

Veneer cost #DrSoftTouch

The high cost of veneers is due to many factors including the training, qualifications, experience and skills of the treating dentist and the lab fees required to pay a master lab technician to create them. When choosing a doctor for your smile makeover, I always recommend viewing before and after photos of his/her patients that have undergone similar or the same procedures. They'll give you a pretty good indication of the results you can expect for yourself. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Cost of veneer

Hi:

Although material costs are different the main cost of veneeer is due to laboratory fees, time and level of expertise of the dentist.  For example if a master lab technician is working on the veneers the cost can be 3 to 4 times higher than a regular lab technician.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Veneer Cost

Unfortunately, the cost for veneers is high due to the expertise it takes to do them as well as the cost for a high quality ceramist to create in essence, teeth. If you were to equate it to other cosmetic procedures, for example, a nose job which can cost thousands of dollars for 1 nose, we need to reproduce a veneer procedure potentially 20 times on one patient!