Mother of 3, Looking into Saline breast implants but really want to forgo a lift. Is that possible? (photos)

Wanting to get opinions from other PS's on thoughts and hopefully find someone to do my surgery. I am willing to go up in cc's, over the muscle or even consider silicone. Is this poss or is a lift a must?! I added a pic of my current status and what I would love to look like!

Breast Lift

Breast augmentation alone will not address the sagging and can, in fact, make this problem worse. Fortunately, you may be a candidate to undergo a breast lift and augmentation in a single surgery to get the perkier, larger breasts you want.

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what your options would be.

Take care.

Wanting implants not lift

Hello, your question is very common.  In order to get a sense whether you might be satisfied without a lift, I'd suggest you find before-and-after photos of a person with breasts that look similar to yours.  The wish picture you chose is of a woman whose nipples seem to be centred on her breasts, which is not likely a realistic outcome.

You don't HAVE to do a lift, but it would look better

When considering breast surgery with implants, it is best to design a surgery that will give you a good, long term result.  An implant on top of the muscle for you is a quick fix.  It might look good for a minute, but will look terrible after a few years.  Rippling, contracture, bottoming out, etc.  The best long-term solution for you would be an implant under the muscle (preferably silicone, but either will work) and combine that with a lift.  

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implants without a lift

Hi and thank you for your question! Going by your images, unfortunately, a lift would be a must in your case. Should you decide to go with implants alone you will not be able to achieve your desired result and will have a "rocks in socks" look to your breasts.  It's best to schedule a one on one consultation with your surgeon to try on different implant style and sizes in order to make the decision most ideal for you. Good luck!

Mother of 3, Looking into Saline breast implants but really want to forgo a lift. Is that possible?

A lift is a must in your case. Breast implants do not and cannot lift breast tissue regardless of where they are placed or how large they are. You have enough breast tissue to get a nice result with a lift alone. Your wish pic is not realistic as you would need really large implants. Results of breast augmentation in combination with a vertical scar lift do not last very long. Vertical incisions weaken the skin envelope at the point of maximum tension so an implant of any size is subject to quick descent and revisionary surgery. Bigger is not better in breast surgery. You need a strong lift that will give you long term results, less scarring, without the extra cost, risks/complications and maintenance associated with breast implants.

Best wishes to you,

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Forgo a lift?

Hello. and congratulations on beginning your journey. The choice of implant size is a very important feature for Creating beautiful breasts. But equally important is your nipple position in relation to your breast crease. You absolutllely need a lift You'll should  see a board-certified plastic surgeon for breast measurements that will help you and your surgeon choose the most appropriate implant congruent with your soft tissue characteristics ( breast volume, nipple position, etc. 

Lift alone?

I agree with both surgeons that a it will be necessary to correct your situation regardless a to whether you add an implant. We usually grade a breast with the nipple at the bottom of the profile from the frontal view as we see in your case   "grade" and that means an implant alone will not work. 

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation Mastopexy

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, a lift is an absolute must for you. The degree of droopiness and excess skin of the breasts is simply too great. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best wishes!

Implants alone do not adequately lift the breast when there is significant sagging, no matter the size or the type, and will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient who also needs some variation of a lift.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue,assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person and be very realistic about your potential cosmetic result.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

You will need a fairly large implant and a vertical lift to give you the best result. I prefer silicone over saline especially in larger volumes. You will be disappointed in implants only.

R. Louis Adams, MD