It's been week today since I got 400cc high profile silicone textured implants. (Photo)

Left breast cut is thinner and feels better then my right one, right one hurts more and little hurts more, maybe bc im right handed and do more with that hand but not sure. Why is the right side scar thicker and does it look like my cuts healing well after one week? My PS said I could start the Silicone straps yesterday after stitches were removed and I have some scabs still was wondering if that was ok. I do trust my surgeon. The strips help with scaring. It's been one week today. Thanks

At one week out, the incisions are still healing. Hard to say at this point.  Best to discuss your incision care with your surgeon.

It is more common than not that there are slight differences in healing between the two sides. Your photos appear normal and your trust in your surgeon appears to be well founded.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Are my scars OK?

From your photographs, it appears to me that the right side still has some attached scab and therefore may have some exposed not healed epithelium. This may account for the more tenderness in that side. All things considered, you look to me to be right on track in the healing phase for the time period that your. Your chosen plastic surgeon will be your best resource for giving you advice for scar maturation. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

I think your wound healing looks fine at 1 week post-op

I see the difference between the two wounds that you are noticing, but to me there does not appear to be any infection or significant problem with the wounds.  It appears as though there is a bit of separation of the very top layer of skin on the right, and with that a bit more inflammation, compared to the left, but to me, this is "within normal limits."  This means that we may see some slight variation from side to side, or wound to wound, but it doesn't mean one is "abnormal."  Perhaps there was a bit more trauma from stretching of the skin on one side compared to the other, or some other reason why they aren't "identical twins."  But at one week, they look pretty much like they should.  There is always a bit of thickening of the tissues from early trauma and absorbable suture material, and the like, and that will all resolve as wound healing progresses.  The only think I would advise is that you wait until all scabs and crusts are gone and the wound edges are totally healed and completely covered by new, fresh pink skin before you apply any silicone sheets or ointments.  Those things are occlusive, and they trap moisture.  That's one of the things that makes them work.  However, if we still have incompletely healed tissues, that trapped moisture can lead to bacteria or yeast growth, which can then lead to infection.  Always check this out with your own surgeon to be sure his recommendations are on the same page, but that is what I tell my patients.  Closely follow your own surgeon's advise, and be sure to inform the office if you notice any changes or worsening of the wound conditions.  There is not really a rush to get the strips on immediately after surgery, as they will have their effect over weeks, or even months, and it would be better to hold off until completely safe rather than be a few days or a week too early.  Best of luck.

1 Week After Breast Augmentation

Congratulations! One week is too early to make any judgments about the scars. Be sure to follow your surgeon's advice for your post-op care. It is common for there to be some asymmetry at this point in time.... usually related to the condition of your muscles. It takes time for the muscles to relax. As they relax, the breasts will look different. At about 6 weeks you can have an early idea of what your outcome will be, but there will be healing for several more months after that. Best of luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. Its early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD