Tummy after tummy tuck feels extremely tight, impossible to stand straight.

I had my tummy tuck 5 days ago. The pain and discomfort are gone, wounds are healing very well, but I am still unable to stand up straight because my tummy feels too tight, as if too much skin has been removed. Is it possible? If not, when can I expect to stand up straight? What if I try and force my straight posture?

Tummy feels tight

You should feel better and better as each day passes, its normal to feel tight and swollen after a tummy tuck.  Remember to follow your doctors post operative instructions.

All the best!

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 
Its too early to talk about final results.
At this point (1 week1 post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tight after TT

Is it common to feel tight right after abdominoplasty surgery.  You should start to feel like you can straighten out a little bit more each day, but at this point it would be normal to still walked hunched over a bit.  I would share your concerns with your surgeon but rest assured that what you are experiencing is normal.

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon