Can you perform a butt lift with implants and hide the scar? (Photo)

Do the implants go under the muscle? How long is the recovery process? How much does this procedure cost? Where is the incision made? Will the scar show when I wear a bikini?

Butt Implants Incision and Placement

Buttock augmentation with implants is an alternative to using just your own fat. In my practice I place the implants through individual incisions made in the gluteal cleft close to the tailbone. As far as placement - what works best for me is placing them inside the muscle. It is very difficult to lift up the whole gluteal muscle. It is a bit simpler to place them inside the muscle and I use a video assisted endoscope in placement. This approach has proven to be successful with patients. 

Buttock lift

A physical exam is essential. It appears from your photo that you might benefit from a buttock lift as well as implants. Best to seek in person exam by an experienced Board Certified PS

Butt lift with implants?

Based upon your photographs, I typically recommend a two stage procedure for patients like yourself. Stage 1, buttock implants are used to kind of reinflate and restore volume to the buttock. Stage 2, a lower buttock tuck is done to remove any remaining loose skin at the bottom of the buttock cheeks at the junction with the back of the thighs.  Please read on for more surgical details. 
 Regarding buttock/hip augmentation surgery, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients, domestic and international,  per week that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12+ months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock and/or hip implants). Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are options but what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection and long-term results. 
Indeed because at least 80+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your don't fall victim to this recommendation. Even those patients that had adequate amounts of fat pre-operatively, still end up seeking buttock implants after a year or so because most of the fat transferred melted away leaving them with minimal result.  Although overall using your own fat is relatively safe, it not infrequently melts away unevenly leaving one butt cheek bigger than the other or with dimpling or hard fat cysts.  The one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like liquid silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.
Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock/hip augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 1 1/2 inch long incision along the inner curve of each upper buttock cheek at the level of the tailbone, similar to two opposing parentheses ")(" (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. On the other hand, hip implants are placed under just the fascia because no significant muscle exists in this region. However, because they are much smaller and lighter, their likelihood of migration is relatively low. Because all of this, it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure so that the implant placement is precise for both locations. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock Lift

You have severe skin laxity. You probably will benefit from surgical buttock lift and a small to moderate buttock implant. The implant is under the split muscle.The scar is at the top of the buttock. Recovery is about four to six weeks. Provided you are healthy , no associated medical conditions and suitable for surgery.The most important part is choosing the right surgeon with expertise and good execution