Is my incision healing fine? 5 days post-op breast lift (Photo)

It looks like my skin is splitting. I am 5 days post op breast lift, no implants. I know it is early, but I want to know is this normal at this stage in healing? I did contact my PS and have an appointment to see him but I am a little worried after reading countless horror stories on here of wounds not healing properly. Thanks!

Post op Breast Lift

Hi and thanks for the question and photo. You appear to be healing normally as far as I can see in your photo. I suggest that you continue to follow post op instructions and see your ps at the scheduled time. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Post op recovery

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Is my incision healing fine? 5 days post-op breast lift

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. You're still early on healing process, so don't stress yourself over the pain and the incision, let your body heal properly and you will feel better, apply antibiotic creams to promote healing following your surgeon's instructions.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Incision Healing at 5 Days Post-Op

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Since it has only been five days your sutures are likely still healing and there may be some discomfort, swelling or bruising. However, if you are worried at all about the area healing properly then you should visit your surgeon to have the area examined.