Cost and what to expect in a consultation?

I have found 3-4 doctors on this site in my region that I am impressed with and would like to have consultations with before I pick a surgeon for my BA. How much does the average BA consultation cost and what should I expect during my consultation?

Consultation expectations

All offices are different in terms of cost as well as what the consultation involves.  Some charge a fee (usually around $150) and some provide a complimentary consultation.  As for the consultation, in my office you will be with us for about an hour.  We will start by reviewing your medical history to make sure it is safe for you to have surgery.  I will measure your breasts and show you in the mirror the things that I see that I am taking into consideration as we decide what will be best for you (ex:  do you need a lift in addition to the augmentation to achieve your goal?).   I then describe the advantages and disadvantages of the 4 different types of implants I offer and you will get to feel them.  We discuss incision placement, whether you want the implants over or under the muscle and sizing.  In terms of sizing I ask what cup size you would like to be, I ask you to bring photos that demonstrate your desired look and I have you try on implant sizers in a sports bra.  We make sure all three of those things match to really get you the look YOU desire.  We then discuss the risks of the surgery, the things to do or avoid before surgery, the surgery itself and the things to do or avoid after surgery.  Finally,  you will get to ask as many questions as you want.  It is very important that ALL of your questions are answered and you feel comfortable with your surgeon before proceeding.  Best wishes!

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Consultation

Each surgeon is a bit different in charging for consultation. I can only answer how it is done in my office. I see every patient and examine and review their goals with them. It is an extensive exam and thorough discussion.

BA Cost and Consultation Cost

Thank you for your questions, and I hope you find the answers you seek. It is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can give you an in person examination and spend time with you to answer your questions so that you are both on the same page and comfortable. The cost of the consultation will vary. I do not charge a consultation fee. Best to call the specific office and see if they charge a consultation fee. The cost of the surgery will vary depending on location, implant type, facility fee, anesthesia fee and surgeon fee. Low price does not guarantee quality or a good deal. Be sure to review and meet in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.   Benjamin J. Cousins MD  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

#liposuction #plasticsurgery #BBL

Hi sc0531, Thank you for your excellent questions!  At our office here at CARE, we're very pleased to offer multiple financing options including CARE Credit and Alphaeon Credit.  Plasticsurgery.org is also an excellent resource to view average pricing by geographic locale.  Our policy here is to charge $125 for the consultation and this payment is credited towards the total price of your procedure when you book your surgery.   When you come in for a consult, I will sit down with you and we spend a lot of time discussing your body, your health history, and your aesthetic goals.  I will examine your body and skin. I will take various measurements and I take before photos.  We will then discuss the surgical plan and recovery instructions.  I hope this information is helpful and I wish you all the best in your plastic surgery journey. Kind regards, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS     CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cost and what to expect in a consultation

Some surgeons will offer complimentary surgery consultations. You would have to call around and ask the ones you are interested in to know for sure. Expect to have a physical examination of the areas your are interested in treating, as well as a discussion of what all is involved in the actual surgery. Make a list of questions to take with you to ask. Pricing is also usually discussed at this time. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation consultation

In order to determine what the cost of the consultation is you will need to call each of the plastic surgeon's offices and ask what their fee is. Many very reputable plastic surgeons offer complimentary consultations while others charge a nominal fee that is often times applied to your surgical costs. When you arrive for your consultation you can expect to have the plastic surgeon discuss with you what you do and don't like about your breasts, what size you would like to be and how much fullness you think you would like. The surgeon should take measurements which determine the implant size. You should also have time to ask questions about the pre-op process, surgery, risks, complications, and recovery. I suggest that you consult with board certified plastic surgeons and bring a list of questions with you to each consultation. If necessary, you can return for a second consultation before making your final decision. Best of luck with your consultations.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation- Complimentary Consultation

Thanks for your inquiry. Please call my office for more information regarding a breast augmentation, including pricing. I am happy to offer you a complimentary consultation to discuss the procedure in detail and answer all your questions.We hope to hear from you!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Consultation

Thank you for your question.You would have to call the offices of these surgeons and ask how much a consultation would cost. To prepare for your consultation I would write down a list of questions you have beforehand to ask the doctor. You will have a physical examination of your breasts performed and measurements taken so the doctor can recommend the type and size of implant that would suit your body best. At most practices, you can usually try display implants in your bra to get an idea of what different sizes may look like so I would wear a sports bra or tank top with a built in support bra to your consultation. You may also have the doctor show you some of his before and after photographs of previous patients to get an idea of his work. At the end of the consultation, you will receive an estimate cost of your surgery and payment plan options if they offer any.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Initial consultation

Hello and thank you for your question.  Consultation fees vary from surgeon to surgeon.  It is best to call the office and ask.   It is very important that you thoroughly research your surgeon before committing to surgery. It is a good idea to research your surgeon's educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had surgery with that surgeon. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your surgeon and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the surgeon, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified expert surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD