What can I use to help my bags under my eyes?

Eye bags

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Eye Bag Treatment

Big Dawg,

There are many treatment options for eyebags.  They depend on the cause of the bags, your anatomy, and goals.  You will like have non surgical treatments with fillers and skin care to hide/camouflage the bags.  This option creates a temporary result that will have to be maintained overtime.  

You will likely have surgical options including a blepharoplasty or facial fat grafting.  These results can be superior and longer lasting.  

There are some many options to consider.  I would suggest posting a picture and re-asking your question.

I am assuming you are a UGA bulldog fan based on the spelling of "dawg"  :)

Tear troughs.

depending on the problem there are several options. In general the treatment is adding volume under the eyes and/or removing fat/skin. Options for volume is fillers or fat. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye bags treatment

There are many options available.  The best treatment will depend on the severity of the concern as well as your goals.  Fillers are often used to fill in hollow areas and create a smoother look under the eye.  The use of lasers and microneedling is also a way to improve skin texture and appearance.  A more permanent solution if you are a candidate is lower lid surgery which smooths the under eye area and removes excess skin.  The best place to start is a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Camille Cash, MD

Treatment options

There are many causes of eye bags. Some are shadow issues, some are discoloration issues. 

1. Prolapsed orbital fat through the orbital septum: treated with lower lid blepharoplasty and fat re-positioning. Can also be helped with fillers or auto fat transfer to the face but the ideal treatment in my hands is surgery for this issue.

2. Eczema: much more common in young people with fair skin. The treatment for this is to hold off on makeup and any manipulation of the lower lid for a few weeks and try some topical anti inflammatory creams. If you have allergies those should be treated also.  A dermatologist is the best person to see for this. We have a multidisciplinary clinic with myself, a plastic surgeon, and my partner, a dermatologist which I think is ideal!

3. Fluid accumulation and/or redundant skin. Could be possible in young patients but would need a good facial analysis and exam to determine. A low salt diet (< 1000mg/day) and a warm compress can help.  I would consider treating with filler/fat transfer, lower lid fractional ablative laser and/or lower lid blepharoplasty.

4. Descent of midface cheek pad. This then causes the nasojugular ligament to become more prominent creating a demarcation and separation of the eye from the cheek subunit. Treated with mid face lift and fat transfer.

It is all about the balance of this transition from the orbit to the cheek. There are many ways to treat this and they vary by the underlying cause. I recommend seeing a surgeon who also does a lot of these treatments. This can make a big difference as most people have a combination of the above that lead to the issue.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye bags. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lower Lid Bags

Hi big dawg,

It is very difficult to give you an adequate answer without either seeing you in a consultation or at least seeing photos, "bags" or "dark circles" that are present around your eyes are the result of orbital fat (which is present in all people) that has begun to prolapse or sag as you have aged.  Orbital fat is not like other fat in the body which can be gained or lost.  Your two treatment options would be:

1) Fill in the so-called "valley" (depression below the fat which is resulting in the dark shadow) with hyaluronic acid based fillers.

or

2) Surgically correct the prolapsed fat with a lower lid blepharoplasty in which the orbital fat is repositioned through an incision INSIDE the eye (no visible scar) in order to provide a smooth transition from the eye to the cheek and eliminate the dark circles/bags.

I would recommend you have a consultation to properly evaluate your particular case to determine the best possible treatment option

Dr. Paquet

Christian Paquet, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Under eye bags

Hello! It is impossible to make recommendations without at least photos, let alone an examination, as there are many causes of under eye bags. In young patients, we frequently see a tear trough hollow that casts a shadow that looks like bags. This is treated with filler, such as Restylane. With more advanced age we can see excess skin, fat, muscle or a combination of all three. Often these are treated with surgery. Occasionally isolated prominence of fat is the issue, and again surgery is usually best. There is no cream that will magically take away under eye bags. It is best to have a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon to make more specific recommendations. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon