If I've had no bad reactions to Botox type A, is myobloc type B going to be the same?

I have get botox injections on face, neck and between shoulders. I hv Chiari Malf.I've gotten good results with the pain near my surgical site,fair relief from headaches and takes the edge off my occipital/Trigeminal pain. Today, I got the usual Botox (type A) and then they also added a small syringe of injections of Myobloc because of the severity of how my muscles lock up, causing my shoulders to pull up and forward. Are they the same other than where they are used on the body?I'm nervous!

Myobloc has similar side effect profile as Botox

I wouldn't worry at all. These are very similar products. Having a reaction to either one is extremely rare.

Botox versus Myobloc - different medications, different indications

Generally speaking, allergic reactions are extremely rare to either one of these medications.  Type A Botulinum toxin (Botox) is used for cosmetic procedures, and Type B Botulinum toxin (Myobloc) is used moreso for neuromuscular disorders.  I recommend you contact your neurologist or orthopedic surgeon with Myobloc-specific questions.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Medical Botox

This is a cosmetic medical site and your question relates to use of Botox for a non-cosmetic reason. I strongly recommend you direct all your questions related to your neuromuscular pathology to your treating doctors.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon