3 weeks Tummy tuck post-op puffiness. Any suggestions? (photos)

I developed fever and puffiness 3 weeks post-op. I stayed at home with little movement but for the last two days I had to do some chores in town. By trying my best to walk up straight, I think, I put strain on my belly which resulted in increasing puffiness. I also developed ache in my muscles, legs, and body. Does this situation require attention, or it might go away after several days of rest? The most noticeable part is in the upper part of my tummy. It was flat but now there is a bulge.

Swelling after tummy tuck and increased activity.

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.
It is difficult to determine the cause of your swelling without an physical exam. Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.
Wishing you the best in your journey

3 weeks Tummy tuck post-op puffiness. Any suggestions?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after tummy tuck surgery. Yes, fever and "puffiness" warrant evaluation; let your plastic surgeon know of your situation.  A fluid accumulation (seroma)  may be the cause of the "bulge". There are many potential sources for the fever.
 Again, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and advice.  Best wishes for speedy resolution and for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Post-tummy tuck puffiness is considered normal

Thank you for the question and photos! Any swelling or puffiness after a tummy tuck is considered normal. Considering that you had the procedure 3 weeks ago, I don't believe you have a great cause for concern since swelling may take from 3 to 12 months to completely resolve. Furthermore, some patients observe a temporary increase in swelling one month after the procedure. It's good to keep in mind, however, that an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Puffiness after tt

Swelling at three weeks is not uncommon especially if you have been active. Swelling slowly decreases in a belt like fashion down towards the incision. The fever should be investigated and has many causes some which can be related to your surgery. You need to contact your surgeon and have your situation evaluated ASAP.

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (3 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD