Scar tissue and crooked tip (rhinoplasty) (Photo)

Okay sorry in advance for the awkward pictures! But I had a rhinoplasty and then a revision rhinoplasty 7 months ago and there seems to be scar tissue forming in my inner nostril. Also the tip of my nose is crooked.. I'm not sure if that's because of the scar tissue or not but I am very concerned and insecure about the situation. Can you remove scar tissue? Can I fix the tip of my nose? Or do I just leave it alone? Any advice or comments would be helpful and appreciated!

Revision rhinoplasty

I would agree that a revision rhinoplasty may be necessary. After 7 months of healing it appears that the middle vault of the nose is deficient on the left causing a crooked appearance. I would consider seeing a rhinoplasty specialist for revision. 

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

You appear to have an asymmetry of the lower lateral cartilages and possibly the septum.  It sounds as if the changes have not completely stabilized.  Therefore it is very important to allow things to settle prior to any further intervention.  It is important to consult with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty

Jarrod Little, MD

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Thanks for your post. Your nose does not appear straight now and if things do not improve, I would consider yet another revision rhinoplasty after waiting 4-6months more. Sometimes revision cases of significant complexity need more time to time. Best to wait before deciding on what to do next. The crookedness and the tip, inner nostril issues may all be related as it appears that the end of your septum maybe crooked and pushing against your inner left nostril. Scar tissue may be present as well, but regardless, revision procedure can fortunately correct this situation. You may need a straight, strong spreader graft to improve the middle area of your nose. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and share your interest in further improvement. Depending on these conversations, a second opinion elsewhere may be helpful too. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon