I am considering having a BBL and Lipo of the arms and thighs in the DR. How many post op visits are required?

I am considering having a BBL and Lipo of the arms and thighs in the Dominican Republic. How many post op visits are usually made while there for the 7-10 days?

Hello and thank you for your question!

For a BBL, normally we suggest patients to stay with us for at least 15 days because of the preparation required for the procedure and we like to keep our patients for at least 10 days for observation.

Always remember to seek advice from a board certified surgeon!
Good luck.

How many visits post op for BBL in DR?

Great question , visits are to make sure there are no complications going on, surgery is surgery even BBL and you may save money in short term by going to DR but IMO I advise against traveling for a surgery as large as a BBL , good luck, traditionally we see our pts at least 6-8 times in 3 months to make sure everything is progressing as normal .

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Number of Post-Op visits after BBL

This is a frequent question and misconception.
The reason why surgeons see you after surgery is for your benefit- not theirs. While it is an inconvenience to have to see a doctor after the surgery, such visits save lives. It is not for the doctors' benefit. The less time they spend with you after surgery, the more time they have to spend in surgery earning more money. 

If all goes well, which would be obvious in as little as 2 weeks after a BBL, you can go home. But what if you suffered s swings complicating ( such as infection, bleeding, fluid collection etc)? No surgeon can manage complications by phone or email. Your DR Doctor will have to find you an equally trained American Plastic surgeon to take over yiur care or you will have to fly back and forth to the DR. 

In considering surgery far from home take everything into consideration even the possibility of longer recovery and managing potential complications. 

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN