I am having a stabbing pain in the middle of my chest. Any suggestions?

I had a breast augmentation 1 year ago. For some reason in the last couple weeks I wake up in bad pain right in the middle of my chest. Hurts to breathe out.

Stabbing Chest Pain

Stabbing chest pain and difficulty breathing warrants urgent medical attention.  I would contact your surgeon, or primary care physician ASAP.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Chicago General Surgeon

Stabbing pain middle of chest

Thank you for your question. I would recommend you go to your PS for evaluation. It is not common to have pain like this. Better evaluated the issue.

Ven Erella, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your chest pain.  Because this is a new symptoms since your surgery it would be best to see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  After an examination they may be able to offer a diagnosis and treatment option or refer you to another specialist if needed.