Why did my eye go back to the same size as when I had the chalazion. It was deflated now it back puffy. Do I need a 2nd surgery?

Chalazion Surgery on Lower Left Eyelid. Today I just got the chalazion surgery on my left lower eyelid. After the surgery I saw a difference. However as time went on the eyelid gotten a little bigger back to the size of the chalazion. My eye was a little teary eyed for like 10 minutes. Is this normal? I know it is supposed to be swollen but why did it go back to the size of the chalazion before surgery? Do I have to get another chalazion removal?

Chalazion Treatment

Hi AKCarter1, 
Thanks for your question.  A photo would help us to better assess your concerns. However, if you just had the chalazion treated today, I would expect some swelling and tearing. Typically, patients have some swelling and bruising for about 1 week after chalazion removal. Chalazia do have a tendency to recur but I would wait 4-6 weeks to determine if there's been a recurrence. Of course, if the swelling is progressive or you develop worsening pain or discharge, I would not hesitate to call your surgeon. 

I hope this helps, good luck!