I am interested in trying Coolsculpting. I know it's off label but does anyone use it for arms?

I am 51 and workout nearly everyday. No matter what I do or lift, MY arms are FAT.

Thank you for your question. Yes, it can be used for arms. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best.  An in-person assessment is always best.
Regards,

Can CoolSculpting be used for the arms?

Depending on how large your arms are, CoolSculpting can be used on the upper arms to reduce the fat.  

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for arms

Dear Sprakemary:

Since the CoolFit applicator was introduced, we have been able to treat many patients who have excess fat on the arms, as well as the inner thighs. The applicator needs to be placed posterior to the critical bundle of nerves and vessels that runs from the armpit into the deep structures of the inner arms. Reu,to I have seen have been very satisfying.

All the best!
Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Coolsculpting for Arms NYC

Coolsculpting is a fabulous way to reduce the fat in a given area. It works on many areas including the arms. It is an advanced technique so it is critical to consult an experienced physician for this treatment. Best, Dr. Green

Yes, Coolsculpting can been used for the arms with great success but since it's very patient specific, I recommend that you visit a certified center for evaluation to see if you are a good candidate for this treatment.  Coolsculpting would address the fat in the area, it does not address loose skin.

CoolSculpting The Arms

Yes, CoolSculpting for the arms is an off-label indication. But, we have used it with great success. Not everyone is a candidate for the treatment though. If you have loose skin, then the treatment may not be for you. Make sure you find an experienced provider who can determine whether the treatment is appropriate for you. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

It sounds as if you may be an excellent candidate for Coolsculpting of the arms. These treatments are not off label and specific applicators are very successful to treat fat deposits in these areas.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Inner arm coolsculpting works well

I have attached a link that might be helpful..

Hi Sprakemary.  Coolsculpting has been used on inner arms successfully with nice reduction in fat and good skin recoil.  As with any procedure, it is important to find a provider with solid experience and credentials-be sure to look at B & A photos and talk to their patients.  Good luck!

CoolSculpting for arms

CoolSculpting can be performed on the arms, and you are correct in that it is considered an off-label treatment area because it is not yet FDA-approved for that location.  An examination would be needed to determine if you might be a good candidate for the procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for arms

Hi Sprakemary,
We use it for arms on a regular basis. We find that CoolSculpting of the arms generally produces an excellent result. In contradistinction to liposuction, CoolSculpting of the arms actually seems to tighten the arm skin to some degree.
Regards,
Dr Nettle