Brazilian butt lift recovery; will I be able to get up and walk on my own after the first couple of days?

Will I be able to get up and walk on my own after the first couple of days? In other words how soon will I be able to get up and walk on my own?

Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery

Thank you very much for your question. Recovery following a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure will depend on the individual patient, the extent of correction, and the techniques involved. However, the surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure, and you should be walking on your own within the first 24 hours. It is important that during the first six weeks of recovery, you do not sit on your buttocks for too long at any one time, each surgeon has their own regimen that is specific to there technique. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, who can explain the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure in detail, and discuss when you should expect to be moving around after surgery. 

Walking after a bbl...

Generally you are sore after this procedure but you should be able to walk around immediately, and you should, in order to keep the blood flowing in your legs. I wouldn't try anything strenuous for 2 weeks, and then ease into it as long as it doesn't hurt. 

BBL recovery

Thank you for your question. Recovery from a BBL is pretty straight forward. Patients can return to light activities almost immediately after surgery, normal activities 2 weeks after surgery, and vigorous exercise 4 weeks after surgery.  We usually experience a slow steady improvement for 3 months or so after surgery.

BBL and ambulation

Lebron,
Thanks for your question.
You should be very sore after a BBL, but be able to ambulate a couple of hours after your procedure.  My patients walk out the door approximately 1 hour after their procedure.  Ambulation helps with blood flow, swelling and decreases the incidence of blood clots.  ALways follow your surgeons postoperative instructions.
Best of luck.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

BBL recovery

My patients are walking out of my OR and going home after the procedure.  Yes, you will be a bit sore, but should be able to get around and start light duty within several days of the procedure.

Not only should you be able to but it"s imperative to get out of bed and walk around beginning on the day of surgery. This helpful in preventing certain complications. Your surgeon should review these with you.

George Lefkovits, MD

You should be able to get up and walk on your own the day of surgery. It is important to be up walking around to decrease your chances of a DVT (blood clot forming in your legs). The first few days after surgery you should take precaution when going up and down stairs. It is always best to ask your PS what they recommend as all of us do things a little differently.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon