What type of surgery would be ideal for me to have a defined jawline and to get rid of my double chin? (Photo)

No matter what weight I am I have a double chin and round face just like my mom. I have been considering chin liposuction but after seeing other people's photos and stories on here I realize that I might need lipo, chin lift, possibly a chin implant!? What would be recommended for me?

Kybella for Improving Chin Contour

You seem young with good skin elasticity. Because of this, you are a great candidate for Kybella.
Kybella is a new FDA Approved drug for improving the contour of the chin and neck. It is a 15-20 minute series of customized injections based upon your needs. It can take 2-3 sessions. As Kybella destroys the fat cells, re-injection is not expected.
Liposuction with or without platysmaplasty is always an option. The great news is that you have both options!

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not a case for chin

Don't touch the chin, it has good projection, you are more a case for under-chin or upper neck liposuction.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Start off with liposuction of the neck for this somewhat complicated problem.

It doesn't look as though you would benefit from a chin implant. In general it's not indicated to suction above the line of the lower jaw. However there appears to be a sizable amount of fat in the neck it probably would look much better if removed by liposuction. This can be done with local anesthesia.

Defined Jawline

Hi VictoriaBianca,

In order to get a more defined jawline, you need at least a short scar facelift and neck contouring plus a chin implant. Neck Contouring will involve removal of subcutaneous and submuscular fat, tightening of platysma muscle, and removal of excess skin. Shortscar facelift on the other hand involves removal of excess fat on the jaw area with tightening of he lower face. Finally, the chin implant will give more definition your your jawline and chin area.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Defined Jawline Needs a Combination of SmartLipo, Botox, and Venus Legacy

I suggest getting laser liposuction performed by well a well trained cosmetic dermatologic surgeon. I pretreat all my patients with botox in the neck to get some relaxation of the neck muscles, this gives better long term contouring results.  After surgery we follow with venus legacy treatments to give addtional tightening and contouring/lift.  Only see an expert for this and do not compromise your care for cost or distance.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Start with liposuction

It appears you definitely have excess fat in your neck.

I would start with liposuction only.

You may be very pleased with the results from that only.

After that, you could consider a chin implant.

No need to do everything at the same time.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Neck lift and chin implant to reduce double chin

A full set of pictures or an in person examination are required for making any determination of what can and cannot be performed. First, it's important that patients are at their ideal body weight, and then consider liposuction for diet resistant fat.  In the neck there are 2 compartments of fat, these are sub mental fatty deposits which are removed with liposuction, and sub-platysmal fat which is removed with a neck lift and a platysma plasty. A chin implant is placed for patient's with a recessive chin profile relative to the rest of the facial features.  For many examples of both procedures, please see the link and video below

Chin definition from liposuction vs. implant

Hi, I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi VictoriaBianca. Thank you for sending photos-you look like a good candidate for VASER liposuction.  I would liposuction along your jawline and chin to maximize your definition. The VASER modality provides some skin tightening and is an advantage for you. I can not overstress the importance of wearing a chin strap/garment to help your skin recoil and get the best shaping. An in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon will help determine if your jaws and bite are in alignment-important to know before thinking about chin implants and other treatments that can give better chin contours. Good luck!