What is the best thing that can be done for stretch marks? (Photo)

About a month after surgery I started developing what I assume are stretch marks. After 3 mo, and despite using mederma, bio-oil, vitamin e, coco butter and oil, and countless other natural remedies, they aren't getting better. As you can see, I didn't have any stretch marks before or immediately following the surgury, so I'm not sure what happened but c'est la vie. Any suggestions? I am open to pulsed dye laser. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for sharing your expertise!

At home option for stretchmark reduction

Thank you for this wonderful question! There is finally a treatment offered for at home use that is FDA proven to reduce the appearance of stretchmarks. I have been using this treatment for over the past year with wonderful results for my patients. The Strialite works by utilizing LED at a cellular level to stimulate your own collagen production which in turn reduces the appearance of stretchmarks. 

Yes there are options for resurfacing the dermal area as well as excising the portion of skin which contains stretchmarks. I offer and utilize both of the modalities as well but the truth is not every patient requires this extensive of a treatment option. 

Having the ability to administer the treatment yourself in the comfort of your own home with ability to see results in as little as 4 weeks has proven a comfortable alternative for patients who may not require a more invasive approach. 

I hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck!

South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Stretch Mark Treatment

Thank you for your question in regards to stretch mark treatments. Lasers can help minimize the redness in stretch marks over time, along with a series of microneedling treatments with the use of a growth factor can help improve the appearance. Microneedling is safe for all skin types and there is no risk for pigmentation changes. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Stretch Mark Treatment -- Eclipse Micropen, PRP, Viva/Skinfinity, Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant, Pulsed Dye Laser, Fractional pico

There is no "cure" for stretch marks but lasers, microneedling and skin care can give significant improvement. Unfortunately cost cannot be determined without an in person consultation. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer