Root Canal and Crown or Implant?

I have a tiny pinhole leak on a crown, so a referring endodontist said he could see the decay under the crown with his Panasonic 3d machine, and in his opinion, decay too large to fix. Recommends dental implant. I went for a 2nd opinion, and this endodontist disagrees, saying he feels decay is only at the gumline. Do 3d Panasonic exrays really show the decay under the crown? The 2nd endodontist said if there is any vibration in the machine at all, it can cause false results?

I would recommend having the crown .... #DrSarahThompson #STL

I would recommend having the crown removed.  Anything that is under the crown, (i.e., the need for a root canal or extraction and implant), will be fully visible with removal of the crown.  I would suggest having the crown removed, then while you're in the chair, the dentist can examine the site and then take new xrays to figure out what is going on.  If you are in need of a root canal and crown or simply an extraction and implant, you'll be able to make a better decision.  I hope this helps and just click "save" under my name to have me answer more of your questions in the future.

Root canal or crown and implant?

Without additional information it's impossible to answer your question exactly. One option is to have your dentist cut off the old crown and remove the decay. If the decay is only at the gumline do the root canal and have a new crown made. If the decay is deeper remove the tooth, place the implant and have the crown done in a few months.