What procedures are done in a mommy makeover? (Photo)

I'm 27 years old , mother of 3 and i have 1 c-section,I recently lost 35lbs ... I workout but I have some problem areas where the fat just refuses to go away . I would like to know What procedures are done in a mommy makeover ? I'm also interested in a Brazilian Butt lift .

Mommy Makeover

Mommy makeover is a combination surgery of breast and tummy. Often times, mommy makeover is done at the same time. When the surgery is performed by experienced plastic surgeon for the right candidate, mommy makeover will be done safely and can give a great outcome. Please do your research and consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Many different combinations of procedures considered for mommy makeover.

From the photographs it looks as though you would benefit from and abdominoplasty as well as breast augmentation. If adequate fat is available liposuction can augment the results in allow for gluteal augmentation.

Mommy Makeover

You are a great candidate for a mommy makeover. A breast augmentation, full tummy tuck and BBL will transform your body. In my opinion, a staged approach would be best by starting with the BBL so you can maximize the amount of fat harvested, then follow up with a tummy tuck and breast augmentation later.  You'll be delighted with the results, thanks for sharing.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on dropping your 35 pounds! Bravo! Mommy makeover is a term that means the combination of an abdominoplasty with a breast procedure. You are an excellent candidate for this just be certain you see a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck and be well. 

Kevin Maguire, MD
Vermont Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover candidate

You appear to be a very good candidate for a mommy makeover which is basically any breast procedure combined with an abdominal procedure to restore your body back to it's pre-pregnancy state. In your case specifically, since you are interested in a Brazilian buttock lift(BBL), I would recommend doing the BBL procedure first so all the fat can be harvested from your abdomen, love handles and back; then you can recover on your stomach (sleeping) for a few weeks. Then, about 6-9 months later, you could do a traditional mommy makeover, which would be a breast augmentation combined with a tummy tuck. Consult with a few plastic surgeons experienced in this type of surgery for an exam in person to see if you are in fact a good surgical candidate. It's also possible to combine the BBL and tummy tuck simultaneously, however you will have to be limited to side-sleeping for a few weeks afterward- watch this brief video for more information.

William Bruno, MD

Mommy Make-Over

A Mommy Make-over is a term used to help women accomplish their body goals following pregnancy.  The breast and abdomen/body are typically to areas of focus but the beauty of modern medicine is that any number of procedure may be used based on your individual concerns.  Your board certified plastic surgeon will listen to your individual concerns and recommend a treatment plan to address these. This is not one size fits all as we all have different concerns following pregnancy. Best of luck!!! 

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Make over

Typicallly a mommy make over involves the breast augmentation or augmentation and lift as well as a tummy tuck and liposuction.  It is great that you lost 35 pounds and quite an accomplishment at any age.  You would get a nice result from a Brazilian Butt lift and doing with the other surgeries would be the time to do it.  You can use the fat from your abdomen, flanks and transfer that to your buttocks. Those patients who work out as well as diet get better results and recover quicker than those who just diet. 

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

A mommy makeover procedure can be a little different for each patient. It usually includes a tummy tuck, breast surgery (a lift, augmentation, or both) and sometimes liposuction.  The surgeon you see for consultation should be board certified in plastic surgery and perform a lot of body procedures.  He or she can put together the best treatment plan for you.  A Brazilian Butt lift could be performed either at the same time or at a separate setting depending on how much you want to endure at one time. 

Larry Pollack, MD

What Does a Mommy Makeover Include?

A mommy makeover is a term used for a combination of procedures. Usually a tummy tuck, breast surgery (a breast augmentation, breast lift or both or sometimes a breast reduction) and some liposuction. If you are finished having children, a mommy makeover may be an excellent procedure for you. Please be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

About the Mommy Makeover Procedure

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.