Why do I have issues controlling my urine after Tummy tuck?

So i had a tummy tuck nov 2015. After i noticed that i would urinate without feeling the sensation of needing to. Sometimes I can but others not at all. After i urinate more will freely flow out. I asked my doctor but he said it is normal do to me being sore and healing. 3 months later i was suprisingly blessed and found out i was having another baby. Since the surgery up to now I still have problems with my controlling my bladder. I never have had this issue before. What can it be?

Issues Urinating Post-Op

With #cosmeticsurgery such as #abdominoplasty, we have our patients start on vitamins and supplements two weeks before and two weeks after.  We prefer VitaMedica, as we know the content of these surgical support vitamins.  The program includes Arnica and Bromelain. 

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks.

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

Now, if you find that your urination is still a problem after surgery it would likely be best to visit your surgeon for an examination to ensure that healing is progressing well. Good luck.