I need to find the best breast revision doctor in Colorado Springs or vicinity. Any recommendations?

Best Breast Revision Plastic Surgeon in Colorado Springs?

Great question. 

As the other physicians suggested, one of the best ways to start is to look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  But this is not all.  Breast revision surgery can be quite challenging and so you really need to know how much experience your surgeon has in this specific area.  Also, although it is certainly easier to get your surgery performed close to home, I would encourage you to look outside your area to increase your potential for finding an appropriate fit. 

I hope that helps!  Please let us know if we can be of help.

-Gregory A. Buford, MD FACS

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon/Author

Breast revision

Seek a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in cosmetic plastic surgery, as evidenced by membership in The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Ask to see many pre and post op photos and speak with previous patients. Don’t let price be your sole determinate. The type of surgery you are describing takes some real expertise. If you have surgery and have to have it redone, it is no bargain.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Best breast revision doctor?

Thank you for the important question; careful selection of plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.

Although I cannot provide you with specific names, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Basically, patients should look at the overall "quality" of the outcomes achieved;  in other words, it will be important that patients see lots of examples of outcomes that they would be pleased with.  In doing so patients will be able to get an idea of each  plastic surgeon's "aesthetic sensibilities". Of course, careful evaluation of the photographs (including factors such as time out of surgery and initial anatomic starting point) will be important as patients evaluate before/after photographs.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.  

Best revision breast surgeon in Colorado Springs or are

Hi Mafra,

I personally do not know any of the plastic surgeons in the Colorado Springs area. You could look some names on Google. Check their reviews and also check to see if they are Board certified in Plastic Surgery. If you are not sure or hesitant after you meet one, see a few until you feel comfortable with their plan.

Dr. Christine Rodgers